Reynauld's Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Topics > Layout Showcase
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

N Scale Layout: Rheinland Bayern Bahn

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el Gato Gordo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2017 at 9:13pm
A bit further on the Bonn Hbf build.  I noticed in several fotos that the arched window on the track side of the Bahnhof has a stained glass or painted glass picture.  With  little help from friends on the N scale forum, I was able to get a fairly clear image.  I copied it to Publisher, reduced the size appropriately, and printed it on a semi-clear shipping label.  Here is the result:

I'm easily distracted, so I moved on to other things before completing the Hauptbahnhof.  Here is as close a replica as I could get to one of our favorite places:

Not satisfied with an exterior view, I had to attempt more:

Still more to do on each of my projects, but each has to wait for ideas to percolate.
Cheers!
Gordon
Rheinland Bayern Bahn
Misha_K View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Misha_K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 11:29am

Wow, Gordon! Nice work.

If at some point you do want to relocate the MiWuLa into a proper harbor warehouse, there is this beautiful laser cut kit from Markenburg: https://www.markenburg.nl/en/thema-zaankade/375-kaaspakhuis-1-open-achter-wand.html

And from the other side: https://www.markenburg.nl/en/thema-zaankade/384-kaaspakhuis-1-open-achter-wand.html

;-)

Misha

el Gato Gordo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el Gato Gordo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 11:51am
I've been eyeing those!
Cheers!
Gordon
Rheinland Bayern Bahn
RRVRR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRVRR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 1:39pm
You have to have also a few trains running on you MiWuLa Layout LOL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el Gato Gordo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 3:50pm
Had I done it to scale (1:14,000) instead of to the available space in this kit, I figured to use styrene rod for trains. A BR 111 would be about 1 mm long, while an ICE driving car would be about 1.5 mm.

If I used iron wire cut into lengths, I could mount a magnet to a rotating disc under the layout so at least one train would be in motion.

I did consider it, and with a more appropriate structure might try it yet. A man has to have dreams and challenges.

Oh great, you've got me pondering again.

Edited by el Gato Gordo - 10 Apr 2017 at 3:52pm
Cheers!
Gordon
Rheinland Bayern Bahn
RRVRR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRVRR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 4:26pm
But please with original paint scheme and interior lighting of the ICE cars LOLLOLLOL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el Gato Gordo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by RRVRR RRVRR wrote:

But please with original paint scheme and interior lighting of the ICE cars LOLLOLLOL

Naturlich!
Cheers!
Gordon
Rheinland Bayern Bahn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el Gato Gordo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 4:25pm
Oh boy!  My favorite Forum is back up!  Meanwhile I've been assembling building kits for the Hamburg side of my extension.

And a close-up of the Café display windows:

Wishing for a pastry right now, myself!  But tonight, grilled Pizza and beer - celebrating our Silberhochzeit!

Cheers!
Gordon
Rheinland Bayern Bahn
Bahner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bahner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2017 at 12:59pm
You've been busy :)

Very nice work on the buildings!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el Gato Gordo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2017 at 2:51pm
Thanks, Bahner. Now the challenge is to make sure that everything is running smoothly before the train show at the Forney Transportation Museum (Denver) July 22nd & 23rd. Cleaning track and wheels, lubing loks, checking turnouts.
Cheers!
Gordon
Rheinland Bayern Bahn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>
  Share Topic