Reynauld's Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Topics > Layout Showcase
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

N Scale Layout: Rheinland Bayern Bahn

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el Gato Gordo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: N Scale Layout: Rheinland Bayern Bahn
    Posted: 27 Oct 2015 at 1:01pm
I've been building a new layout to take to train shows.  The layout is 4' x 9.5', and incorporates generic scenes from the Rheinland, Bayern, & Schwarzwald.  No particular location or railyard is represented.  Under the hill I built a U-Bahnhof for my staging area, with plenty of lighting and, unlike the last set, plenty of hand room.

After two visits to the Miniatur Wunderland, I was inspired to install buttons for kid/spectators to push to activate scenes on the set.  Push-buttons include a house fire, a carnival, a dragon's cave, music for the Biergarten, station announcement for the U-Bahnhof, and (in the future) a salt mine like that in Halstatt.  The Faller bus system generates a lot of interest as well.

‚ÄčOkay, I am having trouble posting photos from my DropBox account, so here is a link to the folder:

There is much construction still to do: finishing a Schwarzwald scene in the upper right, finishing the outlying fortifications and buildings of Schloss Lichtenstein upper left, installing street lights and signals where needed, just to name the major projects.

Time for a beer and a brat!  Cheers!
Gord

Edited by el Gato Gordo - 14 Aug 2016 at 11:34am
Railwriter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Railwriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2015 at 1:31pm
Gord,

Thanks for sharing the photos.

For what it's worth:  The page in the above link did not work with the older version IE browser that I have as the default browser on my laptop.

It did work just fine with Google Chrome, which I also have on the laptop.

-- Ernest
RRVRR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRVRR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2015 at 12:07pm
Gord, this looks great....we have a lot in common...lol
reynauld1963 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reynauld1963 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2015 at 6:01pm
Nice job Gord,hope to get to see it in person one day

Thanks

Rey
BR42 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BR42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2015 at 6:36am
Gordon:

Welcome to the Forum.  Looks very nice, great modelling job.  I very much enjoyed the layout.

Ulrich
RRVRR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRVRR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2015 at 9:02am
Ulrich, Gordon is not new here Wink (welcome to the Forum)
el Gato Gordo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el Gato Gordo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2015 at 12:11pm
S'okay! Good to know I'm still welcome!

Cheers,
Gordon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el Gato Gordo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2015 at 5:01pm
Inspired by some of the bawdy scenes at MiWuLa, I added this N scale scene:

Cheers,
Gordon
BR42 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BR42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2015 at 9:38pm
Unhappy I wrote: Gordon:

Welcome to the Forum.  Looks very nice, great modelling job.  I very much enjoyed the layout.

UlrichEmbarrassed

Gordon,

Sorry, I had a different name in mind when I read your posting.  Mental short circuit, decoder burnt out.

Ulrich

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el Gato Gordo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2015 at 7:58am
Not to worry, Ulrich!  I'm not easily offended.  Try harder!  LOL

Cheers!
Gordon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic