Reynauld's Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Topics > HO-Scale Corner > Marklin Corner
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Upgrading To latest and greatest digital component
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Upgrading To latest and greatest digital component

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdBaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Upgrading To latest and greatest digital component
    Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 11:22pm
Hi,
I am looking to upgrade 6 marklin locomotives to latest and greatest digital (mfx decoders, new motors, sound etc.). 5 of them are F-7 ABA units from the early 90s (3 digital, and 2 analog:2 x 3662, 3663, 3462, and 3349). Also looking to upgrade the Lufthansa Express locomotive from set 2867 from analog to latest digital in same manner.

I imagine all the ABAs require the same parts given I want to upgrade all existing digital components / motors as well.

Can someone please help me out by telling me which part # / upgrade package kits / components I need to get to upgrade the ABA units and the Lufthansa loco?

Thank you very much!!

Ed B
Model Train Projects View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Model Train Projects Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2016 at 2:12pm
Hey Ed,

easiest, but not cheapest, way is to send them to Reynaulds and let them do the conversion. Sound is possible as well. Contact Roman regarding the conversion, either way, he can also give you the part numbers and send you the parts you need, in case you like to do the conversion yourself.

Br

Leif
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic