Reynauld's Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Topics > Layout Showcase
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HELP WITH LAYOUT

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ganapar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP WITH LAYOUT
    Posted: 16 Jun 2016 at 7:18am
Hello,

I have a C-track HO scale Marklin layout and expanding it to  84" x 84".  Looking forward to suggestions on layouts with double loops and cross-over.

Thank you,

RG Smile
Train Enthusiast
RRVRR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRVRR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2016 at 4:24pm
Well, that's a pretty good size but what kind of suggestions you are looking for? It will be hard to make suggestions without knowing what you already have or in which direction you like to go.

Maybe you can attach some pictures or other information like track plan, scenery regions, Era your are interested, etc. Something to work with.

BR42 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BR42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2016 at 5:43am
Dear RG:

I agree with Markus that some additional information is needed.  I hope  you are not planning a solid 7'x7' square since you will have a serious problem reaching the center 2'x2' area unless you are very tall, i.e. NBA tall. I am 5'11" and have rather long arms, but 3' is about the furthest I can reach standing on a stool.  However, that is only for rerailing and emergency repairs.  I made the center part of the layout removable, so that no part is further than 2' 6" away.

Ulrich
ganapar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ganapar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 11:30am
Good Afternoon,

Let me get some more details that could be helpful.

Thanks for your comments.

RG
Train Enthusiast
Model Train Projects View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Model Train Projects Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2016 at 9:18pm
Hey All,

if you really like the "one big plate" layout, you might want to put a Market place ( Or field ) in the center. Well, why that ? You can make that section the maintenance opening, just take it out and set it aside. I had a 15'x9' layout before, with an 2'x2' maintenance opening. In my case it was a farmers field ( All projected, never finished the landscaping ). I started that layout when I was 12 in my parents house attic. Soon after that, I found other things more interesting to play with, some creatures with two legs as we have too ;)

Br

Leif
BR42 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BR42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 3:42pm
Leif:

Interesting:  My removable section is also covered partly by a market, a hotel and a church.

Ulrich
RRVRR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRVRR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by Model Train Projects Model Train Projects wrote:

I found other things more interesting to play with, some creatures with two legs

Leif, same here LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic