Reynauld's Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Topics > Miscellaneous
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

We need to get this forum going again!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BR42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: We need to get this forum going again!
    Posted: 16 Aug 2010 at 8:36pm
Friends,

Somehow, this forum needs a boost.  Is it the summer hole where everyone does something outdoors?  I live in Alabama, and there are not many outdoor activities you can do with the current heat wave, except lying in the pool and plan the layout!  Any suggestions for topics?

Best wishes,

Ulrich
nickpch View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickpch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 11:12pm
How about photos? Members layout, trains, scenary, etc. It would be interesting to see what others are doing.
Nick
BR42 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BR42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2010 at 10:14pm
Nick,

Yes photos would be a boost.  There are some technical problems to be considered.  However, the best way to do this is to store the pictures on a different server, and then provide a link.  To make a start, here are some pictures of my old, by now torn down layout which combined NEM and Trix Express.  Since I switched over to pure NEM, most of the Express locos were sold to Express friends in Germany.  I still have a 217, E 70, E 75, and a V 140.

www.auburn.edu\~albreuf

Ulrich
Jumel View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jumel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2010 at 4:59pm
Completely agree! 
I enjoy sharing the hobby and would like to see more links to members layouts, rolling stock, or plans people may want input on.  I also have many photos of areas I enjoyed while stationed in Germany, I suspect many others will also.
Once I get a link established I'll post it in this forum and the respective scale(s).
Regards,
Mel
Bruce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2010 at 6:44am
Wink 
G,day

Ulrich, I visited yr site, very interesting, thank you.

I'm 18mths into my stage 1 layout. Expect to finish in another year or so. I can take photos but not up to posting them anywhere, somewhere!

Never mind, come visit Oz, I'll show you!!!!!  

& take you fishing!!

Bruce,
wim hoppenbrouwers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wim hoppenbrouwers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2010 at 12:49pm
This is a real train 01 in stereo. Use anaglyph glasses (red/cyan) to see depth. (sorry wrong post)

Greetings from Holland'.

Edited by wim hoppenbrouwers - 23 Sep 2010 at 8:56am
BR42 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BR42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2010 at 5:09pm
Wim,

How did you do it with the picture?

Ulrich
wim hoppenbrouwers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wim hoppenbrouwers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2010 at 10:27am
Hallo.  Now this forum is going again.Smile
This pictures has taken with two small camera's and put into the computer with a special stereoprogram to make anaglyphs of them.
The left eye has now the picture from the left camera and the right has the picture of the right camera.
It is a fascinating hobby of mine.  (especially trains!).

wim

65 Original Model for the old Fleischmann !!:

Edited by wim hoppenbrouwers - 25 Sep 2010 at 10:37am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic