Reynauld's Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Topics > Layout Showcase
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Breitenbach - Rosenheim Railroad Version II
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Breitenbach - Rosenheim Railroad Version II

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 33>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michaelrose55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 3:13pm
Because the city of Rosenheim is going to be built on a freestanding peninsula I need a deeper sky background behind it. Therefore I had to add horizontal supports going down to four feet. In the second picture you can see the future background leaning against the wall.

Michael
michaelrose55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michaelrose55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2016 at 2:56pm
I attached three sheets of tempered hardboard:

Michael
el Gato Gordo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el Gato Gordo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 7:04am
This is most impressive, Michael!  You are making great progress very quickly - though it may not seem quick to you.

Cheers!
Gordon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michaelrose55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 12:57pm
I've connected to he old N scale background. Now we will wait for Hurricane Matthews and see for how long we'll lose power. It might be several days before I'll be back...

Michael
el Gato Gordo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el Gato Gordo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 1:23pm
Good luck with Matthew. 

How are you planning to power this giant, and how many boosters do you expect to use?

Cheers!
Gordon
(Who rode out the remnants of Bertha & Francis aboard a sailboat in Virginia - 1996)
Railwriter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Railwriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 2:53pm
Michael,

Yes, good luck with the hurricane.

In 1969, I was in the U.S. Army, and as a military journalist, I was with the first group of Army troops to land in Gulfport, Miss., after the runways had been cleared following Hurricane Camille.

I spent about a week there, documenting both the devastation and relief efforts by the U.S. Army.  It certainly gave me good respect for the power of hurricanes.

-- Ernest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michaelrose55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2016 at 8:11am
It's stormy outside and raining because of Hurricane Matthews but so far we've been lucky with no damage. We still have power, sometimes flickering a bit but otherwise ok. I'm not doing any real work today, I don't want to damage my expensive lab equipment with power surges and such but I decided it's safe enough to work on the railroad Big smile!

Michael

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michaelrose55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2016 at 12:02pm
The hurricane is on it's way out:

Michael

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michaelrose55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2016 at 1:38pm
I managed to get a piece of the first new peninsula in place! This peninsula was part of the G&AM Allen Mountain and so it's only 5 feet wide and also not long enough. I will have to cut up one of the other peninsulas and add a piece to get to the full length.

Michael

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michaelrose55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2016 at 2:39pm
It's coming together like a giant puzzle! I can reuse all kinds of parts from the old layout, good planning Big smile!

Michael
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 33>
  Share Topic