Reynauld's Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Topics > Layout Showcase
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Track plan update

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Railwriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Track plan update
    Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 2:46am
As some other members are busy building away on their layouts, I thought I would at least post an updated version of my track plan.  A long time ago I posted an early version -- which has since gone through many dozens of changes.

Okay, a couple of basics:  The borders at left and top are actual walls.  The other sides are open.

The hidden staging yard is located about a foot below the main station -- and is not shown to keep things from being too cluttered.  (Not all hidden tracks to and from the staging yard are shown either.)

I've labeled the towns and the two major industries, Metallwerke Mittelstadt (MWM) and Bahnbau Robl (BBR).

Here's a detail view of the main station and its yard.

Both of the two large industries have their own engines and are authorized to come up into the freight yard to pick up inbound cars.  Therefore, there are two freight yard tracks where these cars can be placed for pickup.

And, finally, a detail view of the Bahnbau Robl (track construction firm operating base) , which stretches for about 3 meters (10 ft.):

Suffice it to say, that every track has a purpose, and most of the changes over time have centered around that.  Explaining all of those here would take way too long, though I'll be glad to answer questions.

I've actually started construction on the Kleinbach-Oberkleinbach section -- though in a different room, pending final removal of furniture from where the layout will go.

Oberkleinbach is a small coal-fired power plant (Kraftwerk) which gets coal cars three at a time.  As the plant does not have a run-around track, the delivering engine has to push the cars from Kleinbach.  (Most Austrian power plants are hydro; steam plants are only used to supplement power during peak periods or when a hydro plant is out of service for maintenance.)

-- Ernest
RRVRR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRVRR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2016 at 7:51am
Ernest,
this looks like a bit of work...LOL....forgot what Scale you model, is it HO or N?
Railwriter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Railwriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2016 at 7:56am
Hello Markus,

It's HO -- mostly with Roco Line with roadbed.  But, obviously it will not all get built at once.

-- Ernest

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic