Reynauld's Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Topics > Scenary Tips
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vollmer Steinkunst?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Railwriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vollmer Steinkunst?
    Posted: 26 Dec 2016 at 2:52pm
Has anyone tried the (relatively) new Vollmer Steinkunst (stone art) street sections?

I know that when they were first introduced, Vollmer included samples with some other kits.

I noticed that the asphalt road sections offered this year come in multiple radii, which would be very useful.  (I presume the specified radii are for the center line of the curve, as is the case with model railroad tracks.)

Just curious.

-- Ernest

el Gato Gordo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el Gato Gordo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2016 at 3:56pm
No,I have not, but they sound interesting.   Where have you seen them?

Gord
Railwriter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Railwriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2016 at 4:47pm
Several places, including the Reynauld's  site.

Under Vollmer, select the "streets" category under HO and go to the last two of the four resulting pages.

As far as I know, these are only available in HO, though some of the retaining walls, etc., in the same Steinkunst series may also work in N.

The Steinkunst plates -- not cheap -- are apparently made from a mix of real stone grit and plastic, giving very realistic surfaces that do not need to be painted.

-- Ernest

el Gato Gordo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el Gato Gordo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2016 at 5:00pm
Sigh. You HO guys get so much cool stuff!   Even the holiday season - HO, HO, HO!

Cheers!
Gordon
RRVRR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRVRR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2016 at 5:44am
Since I'm not there yet to think about roads I have not tried it but I will. Today I ordered a similar product from

www.juweela.de

I waited quite some time for one of there products to be available. It is the "Flexyway" so feel free to take a look at there products. I will use it to do the road in front of my coal mine to see how this stuff works and will write something about it here. He will also send me some catalogs and product samples what I will forward to Reynaulds.

Edited by RRVRR - 27 Dec 2016 at 5:44am
Model Train Projects View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Model Train Projects Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2016 at 8:52pm
Hey All,

I haven't tried the Vollmer Products, but I'm in touch with the general importer for Juweela Products and I do have them for sale as well. Rey actually forwarded me the info, because he just got too many supplier to handle more. I'm still waiting for the cobble stone road to arrive. Juweela is a little slow on their delivery....
But their products are great ! I love the coal briquettes which got a readable manufacturer name on them ! Yes, is H0 scale, them tiny things with "UNION" on them, lol.

Since Rey gave me the info to sell their products, I think he won't mind if I link to my homepage:

http://www.modeltrainprojects.com
Br

Leif
RRVRR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRVRR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2016 at 10:39am
Leif,
got the same info from Mr. Kleina in Germany. One problem is that the importer has no stock at the moment because he is in war games and he only stocks the scales needed for his clientele. This might change if he get's more contacts to the model railroaders. Mr. Kleina send me quite a time ago a lot of sample products from coal briquettes over potatoes to stone bricks etc. Right now I'm waiting on my order of flexyway.
Model Train Projects View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Model Train Projects Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2016 at 6:28pm
Hey Markus,

yeah, I know. Justin over there is a really nice guy, but I'm waiting on my stock order for 6 month now...
At the beginning I had a lot of contact with Mr. Kleina as well, we set this up with Justin and his military model shop. I just don't want to go behind Justin's back and contact Mr. Kleina if I can get my stock order faster. That is probably just me, but I keep trying ;)
Br

Leif
RRVRR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRVRR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2017 at 7:38am
Well, since I don't know this guy Justin I don't care at the moment. I contacted him once in the beginning and he told me he has no stock and he will not stock the items in HO in the near future but he can order this from Germany. Well, I can do the same thing so it would be shipped to me directly without the additional wait, so I contacted Mr. Kleina directly. My overall impression was that he is not really interested in the model train scales, he has a war gamers store. Nothing wrong with this but then Mr. Kleina should choose another guy as importer for those scales in my opinion.

I don't know what contract they have but if I he is his Importer for all of the Juweela Items the US he should have a small variety in stock in ALL scales. Mr. Kleina if he really wish to get the US market going he should sent him some items in commission and Justin should buy some to have stock, it would be a 50/50 deal. Those are not expensive items and also is the variety not this large, so I do not see why he doesn't have a few boxes for first orders at all (at least in the common scales for model railroaders). I mean it is not with a company like Maerklin. Nobody would expect that Reynaulds as importer has everything they produce in stock. WinkLOL  

Edited by RRVRR - 03 Jan 2017 at 7:45am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic