Reynauld's Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Topics > Digital Trains
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

DCC on MS2 - unexplained short

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silvano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 6:55pm
Thank you for your feedback, Markus. 

I do enjoy running both systems even if this has some drawbacks.  Variety is the spice of life.

The Marklin locos should be designed for K track and the C track turnouts are better, usually.

Silvano

P.S. I LOVE your layout.
BR42 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BR42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 8:13am
Dear Sivano:

I agree variety is the spice of life, but mixing a variety of command control system on the same track may by like some types of food.  Too much spice may not result in an eatable dish.  I fully agree with Markus, it is nice to have the option, but one should not run two systems together.

Ulrich
Silvano View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silvano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 8:52pm
Thank you, Ulrich.

I know, I am back in the Beta and VHS debate of a few years ago. OK, many years ago. Unhappy

My contacts here and my background is Marklin, but in North America, and Europe, 2 rail governs.

So I need to have both.

But I certainly can see the wisdom in your advice and Markus'.

Regards.

Silvano
RRVRR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRVRR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 12:45am
Silvano, there is a large Maerklin Community in the States and a variety of locos, rolling stock and track also available here, so there actually is no need to mix. But this is up to you. Wink
best, Markus

BR42 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BR42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 8:03am
Silvano,

As Markus says, it is your railroad.  But, there is a big community of Marklin users in the US.  Moreover, many Roco and Fleischmann locos are either alaready in an AC-version.   Most of those for which no AC version can be found are available without a decoder, so you can put an ESU decoder in them that understands Marklin.  They can also be adapted  to run on K-track by narrowing the distance between the wheels a little bit if necessary.

Ulrich

Edited by BR42 - 14 Mar 2017 at 8:05am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic