Reynauld's Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Topics > Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Greetings!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bahner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Greetings!
    Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 5:05pm
Hello All,

My name is Ralph and I reside in the USA. I recently enherited a few boxes of N scale, mostly Arnold Rapido materials, along with some MiniTrix from the late 1960s/early 1970s that was originally intended for a complex 4' x 8' layout. Very little track, though, as most had rusted and been thrown away a long time ago. My goal is to try and use at least some of the boxed material to actually build a pleasing, functional small 'Bavarian' layout with exclusively K.BAY.STS.B running stock and it's coming along nicely (ballasting stage at the moment). The track plan is one I picked out of a 1970s Arnold-Rapido publication and adapted to the use of MiniTrix track. I guess one could say that this is a kind of 'retro' build

Thanks to those senior members who have answered my previous post in the N Scale forum regarding turnout/switch issues.

Regards,

Ralph.
el Gato Gordo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el Gato Gordo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 5:43pm
Welcome, Ralph! Be sure to post pictures of your progress.   We all like to see photos.
Cheers!
Gordon
Rheinland Bayern Bahn
Bahner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bahner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 6:02pm
Thanks, Gordon, for the welcome.

I can start a build thread that might be of interest for those who like to see some really old stuff put back into a simple working layout.
RRVRR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRVRR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 1:35pm
A warm welcome from me as well Wink
Bahner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bahner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2017 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by RRVRR RRVRR wrote:

A warm welcome from me as well Wink

Thanks!
GTA41 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GTA41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 3:48pm
Greetings from Canada.  I started out with A-R back in January 1967 and continue to enjoy many aspects of the hoppy over the years.  Did finally change to Fleischmann track due to the end of A-R prior to it being bought out by Hornby International which now seems to have stopped as well.  So good luck and enjoy.
BR42 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BR42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 6:32am
Welcome to the Forum.

Ulrich
Bahner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bahner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 4:23pm
Thank you!
el Gato Gordo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el Gato Gordo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 8:05pm
So, what have you been up to lately, Bahner?
Cheers!
Gordon
Rheinland Bayern Bahn
Bahner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bahner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 8:02am
Originally posted by el Gato Gordo el Gato Gordo wrote:

So, what have you been up to lately, Bahner?

Now that the forum is back again, I can provide an update and thanks for asking :)

Unfortunately, due to a protracted illness I had to put the Bavarian layout project on hold for a few months. However, I recently finish balasting all the track and now I just need to do some fine track tuning to ensure that the trains run as smoothly and reliably as possible. At this point, I'm looking forward to starting the landscaping process.

And, I'm patiently waiting for the Minitrix 'Bavarian Freight Transport' set (Trix 11632)...as I'm sure a few others are as well :)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic