Reynauld's Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Topics > Layout Showcase
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Simple Bavarian Branch Line - Early 1900's

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el Gato Gordo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 8:27am
Try looking at some Führerstandmitfahrt videos, like this one:

The driver's cab view provides some interesting trackside detail.  I don't know if this particular vid shows any snow or rock sheds, but it will give you an "in" to this family of videos.

Cheers!
Gordon
Rheinland Bayern Bahn
Bahner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bahner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 11:00am
Thanks, Gordon. That's great footage with lots of track side details.

Ralph.
el Gato Gordo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el Gato Gordo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 9:59am
There are a lot of Führerstandmitfahrts out there.  Signals and trackside equipment will be different than your era, but other scenery not much changed.

As far as the avalanche shed, this is what we are talking about:

Although most are concrete these days:

Talk again next week.  I'm off on vacation to a place where there are no comms - no internet, no cell service, nothing.

Cheers!
Gordon
Rheinland Bayern Bahn
Bahner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bahner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 10:27am
Thanks, now I see what you all mean.

Have a good vacation, Gordon.

Bahner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bahner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2017 at 9:57pm
Moving right along...

Here I had to do something with the DC connectors:

...so, a foam rock aggregate does the trick:

And, lastly, the small train station:

All buildings have lighting installed. Lots more landscaping to do

Ralph.

Edited by Bahner - 22 Aug 2017 at 10:00pm
Bahner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bahner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 10:31am
Greening of the landscape:

Train station:

Stream:

BR42 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BR42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 4:00pm
Ralph:

Looks nice, congratulations for making great progress.

Ulrich
Bahner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bahner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by BR42 BR42 wrote:

Ralph:

Looks nice, congratulations for making great progress.

Ulrich

Thank you, Ulrich. Being new to model railroads (and miniature modeling in general), the start was a bit of a head scratcher. But I'm enjoying this a lot more now that I have a better understanding of the process.

In a few weeks I should at the final stage of fixing minor damage, pathways, mounting figures, tree placement, etc.

Ralph.

Edited by Bahner - 20 Sep 2017 at 3:57pm
el Gato Gordo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el Gato Gordo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 7:57pm
Very good, Ralph!  That church reminds me of the one in Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland:

https://www.dropbox.com/preview/Europe%202014/2014-08-12%2007.48.43.jpg 

The stone viaduct also is particularly well done.  Now all you need is an Alpine background....  And to finish the pink rock candy mountain.

Cheers!
Gordon
Rheinland Bayern Bahn
Bahner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bahner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by el Gato Gordo el Gato Gordo wrote:

Very good, Ralph!  That church reminds me of the one in Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland:

https://www.dropbox.com/preview/Europe%202014/2014-08-12%2007.48.43.jpg 

The stone viaduct also is particularly well done.  Now all you need is an Alpine background....  And to finish the pink rock candy mountain.

Thanks, Gordon. Yes, it does resemble the one in Lauterbrunnen, but it's actually the one in the town of Sertig-Dorfi in Switzerland (it took me a good amount of web surfing to find this one!):

Unfortunately, I have to remove the church's tower section since it sits too high on my layout when I close the box lid. I added magnets to both the church and the inside of the tower so that it holds together when reassembled.

Finished off the last tunnel portals today and have started to work on the last 'Pink Candy Mountain' to carve out the locations for a charming little Alpine Chapel ('St. Berhard's Chapel/Faller # 232239) and a small hunting lodge (as tiny as the chappel is, I just managed to squeeze a small light inside):

Can't wait to get started on all the detail work and then finally get the trains running again!

Ralph.

Edited by Bahner - 21 Sep 2017 at 9:53am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic