Reynauld's Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Topics > Layout Showcase
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Simple Bavarian Branch Line - Early 1900's

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el Gato Gordo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 10:40am
Good idea with the magnets!

Now that I finished the salt mine, I finally rejoined the yard section to the main layout.  This will let me "test" (read: play with) more trains in prep for the next show near the end of October.

I may have to borrow your magnet idea for some of the buildings on the extension. I currently have blocks of 1/2" blue foam holding them in place, but the addition of magnets would make them more secure.
Cheers!
Gordon
Rheinland Bayern Bahn
Bahner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bahner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by el Gato Gordo el Gato Gordo wrote:

Good idea with the magnets!

Now that I finished the salt mine, I finally rejoined the yard section to the main layout.  This will let me "test" (read: play with) more trains in prep for the next show near the end of October.

I may have to borrow your magnet idea for some of the buildings on the extension. I currently have blocks of 1/2" blue foam holding them in place, but the addition of magnets would make them more secure.

For my particular application, I 'borrowed' one of my wife's refrigerator magnets   

Edited by Bahner - 21 Sep 2017 at 1:49pm
Bahner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bahner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 12:00am
Finally, all 'Pink Candy Cane' HD foam has been covered up!

Little Faller St. Bernhard chapel:

Old 1970's Kirbi structure (looks like a hunting lodge to me):

These closeup pics are actually helpful as I can see some areas that need a bit of touch-up that i didn't catch with the naked eye.

Ralph.

Edited by Bahner - 29 Sep 2017 at 12:06am
el Gato Gordo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el Gato Gordo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 9:58am
Looking good, Ralph!  I particularly like the flower beds lining the walk to the chapel, and the horns over the door of the cabin. 
Cheers!
Gordon
Rheinland Bayern Bahn
Bahner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bahner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 10:20am
Thanks, Gordon. Next up is a hay making kit from Faller and hopefully that will turn out well.

Ralph.
Bahner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bahner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2017 at 9:05pm
Mak'in Hay:

Edited by Bahner - 04 Oct 2017 at 9:41am
el Gato Gordo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el Gato Gordo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 7:57am
Okay, Ralph. Time to be a little more critical. If you Google Images of hay cutting by hand, you will see the cut hay in rows before being loaded onto the wagon.

I had the experience of watching the hand harvest of wheat and of hay in Germany in 1956. The men with scythes move through the uncut grass in echelon formation, very orderly. The women rake the cut grass into rows. After the hay has dried a day or two, it is forked into stacks or onto a wagon.

Pale green 2 to 3 mm static grass would make good cut hay.
Cheers!
Gordon
Rheinland Bayern Bahn
Bahner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bahner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 9:27am
Originally posted by el Gato Gordo el Gato Gordo wrote:

Okay, Ralph. Time to be a little more critical. If you Google Images of hay cutting by hand, you will see the cut hay in rows before being loaded onto the wagon.

I had the experience of watching the hand harvest of wheat and of hay in Germany in 1956. The men with scythes move through the uncut grass in echelon formation, very orderly. The women rake the cut grass into rows. After the hay has dried a day or two, it is forked into stacks or onto a wagon.

Pale green 2 to 3 mm static grass would make good cut hay.

Hi Gordon,

Thanks for the input.

Not the best camera angle perhaps since contrast is lacking, but the hay is in rows and piled up in mounds (would be clearer with a top down shot). I think I went a bit overboard on the hay ground cover, though.

Basically, I went off of the Faller layout on their box, though I admit their's is cleaner looking which is something I can easily modify on my layout:

Ralph.

Edited by Bahner - 04 Oct 2017 at 5:55pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic