Reynauld's Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Topics > Beginner's Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

LGB Sound/Lights

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeremyhopf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LGB Sound/Lights
    Posted: 03 Mar 2017 at 6:04am
So I just got an LGB 25555 Diesel Loco.  I have an MTS 55005 with a 55016P controller.  Is it possible to access the higher function controls for lights and sound at 10 -15 or do i need to upgrade my equipment?  Since the controller has buttons for 1-9 those sounds work just fine, but the lights and other sound features are higher up.

thanks,
Railwriter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Railwriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2017 at 11:38am
I am not familiar with your control station and equipment, but the Roco Multimaus that I use has a shift key.  If you press and hold down the shift key, function key 1 will actually toggle function 11; function key 2 will control function 12; and so on.

Check to see if your controller has a shift key or a key that functions as a shift key to assign alternate values to your function keys.

Hope that helps.

-- Ernest

RRVRR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRVRR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2017 at 4:26pm
I just looked up the manual for your controller, 1-8 is for functions, 9 for the lights - so "nine" functions, that's it. If you have newer Locos with more functions you obviously need to upgrade your system. I also looked up the Central Station but can't find anything about the functions if they support more than nine.
jeremyhopf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeremyhopf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 7:56am
Thanks for your advice on this.  Looks like i will be looking into a new controller.
jeremyhopf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeremyhopf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 9:34pm
So i have been looking around for equipment.  What would be the lowest cost to get this working?  I have seen a MTS III with a massoth navigator would work but costly.  Any suggestions appreciated.
RRVRR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRVRR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 2:30am
I'm not familiar with LGB but you might call Reynauld's what kind of recommendations they have for you
Model Train Projects View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Model Train Projects Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2017 at 8:11pm
Hello,

you can choose almost any controller, but you need to choose the boosters accordingly. For LGB, you should have at least 22V DCC Track voltage, better 24V.
Regular H0 control station do not go that high, but you could get a cheap one like the Roco Lokmouse and just do not use it's power, but instead feed the DCC signal into a suitable booster. ( Digitrax makes them as well, up to 10A, but I wouldn't go more than 6amp per booster to avoid damage to the rolling stock in case of a short ).

Edited by Model Train Projects - 09 Mar 2017 at 8:12pm
Br

Leif
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic