Reynauld's Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Topics > Digital Trains
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Digital & analog Locos

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Model Train Projects Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 9:32pm
Hey All,

Well, I use the Fremo "freds" on my layout as well, if I like to shunt, or got visitors ( I got 10 freds ), those are wired controllers, I got sockets every other segment. 
I can run a train with one fred, unplug it while the train is running, plug into another socket and continue running as nothing ever happened. I assume others did not use shielded wire for the ring to connect the controllers to, so you can get interference in to the signal. We, back in Germany, run this on our club layout as well. I attended several meets, we ran 50+ trains at once with 50+ freds, no problems. 

I bought the Piko smart control and waiting for the LokNetz adapter to connect to to my LocoNet Layout. I like the Piko handheld controller best, so I will retire my Digitrax then. 

Best starter set is the z21 with the wired LokMaus in my opinion, it's very east and straight forward.
Br

Leif
RRVRR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRVRR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2017 at 1:07am
You talk about wired controllers, we usually used wireless controllers at the Club along with other Clubs in our area.

Edited by RRVRR - 11 Mar 2017 at 1:09am
best, Markus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic