Reynauld's Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Topics > Layout Showcase
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Station 187 Model Railroad Club

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRVRR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Station 187 Model Railroad Club
    Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 9:10am
After a few years of absence we decided a few weeks ago to give the Club in our area a new go and re-launched the club. Since we can't secure any affordable room the only chance is a modular layout for now.

For the start we decided on an easy oval design with double main line and single branch line. The club will own the four corner modules and the rest will be individually owned by the members.

here are two pictures of the start from my end.

el Gato Gordo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el Gato Gordo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 11:14am
Looks like fun!
Cheers!
Gordon
Rheinland Bayern Bahn
RRVRR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRVRR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 4:26pm
I hope so Wink
michaelrose55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michaelrose55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 6:11pm
Is that going to be a German or an US themed layout?
Michael
RRVRR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRVRR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 8:28pm
US themed layout but can't give any guarantees that once and awhile a German train will show up on the rails. Wink

I have a new train in the mail arriving on Monday, the new Atlas ALP-45DP and need a space to run it. LOL

Edited by RRVRR - 30 Mar 2017 at 8:32pm
RRVRR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRVRR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 12:03am
Small set back, had to build three modules again because it seems the glue was not completely dry when I moved the modules so they didn't line up right.

After this was done I added the foam board and a small river needs to be there for the cooling of the power plant what I will build over two modules.

So here with no further comment some pictures

I also got a new train

el Gato Gordo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el Gato Gordo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 7:28pm
Three steps forward, two steps back. Looking good, and making progress!
Cheers!
Gordon
Rheinland Bayern Bahn
RRVRR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRVRR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 5:19am
Right Gordon.... Wink

Here some update pictures....btw.....was sick for a few days last week, so again three steps forward, two steps back....I hope it stops now LOL

With the experience on my Rhine River layout and the bridge building I was confident enough to build all the bridges here also myself. For the double mainline I need a girder bridge, the branch line will get a short trestle, the siding also will get a trestle of different style. Then I need a bridge for the street and one for pipes.

So here without further comments the pictures of bridge building.

Here some pictures from our work session for the other modules

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic