Reynauld's Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Topics > Forum Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is it really back?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Railwriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is it really back?
    Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 1:18pm
Hey, everyone!

Is the forum really finally back? I've been checking two or three times a day for more than a month to see if the forum was back in business.

Though I haven't met any of the forum members in person, I've missed everyone -- and the discussions and progress reports.

I hope everyone is well.

-- Ernest

el Gato Gordo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el Gato Gordo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 6:00pm
Same here! Glad to be home!

I'm installing some Uhlenbrock decouplers; for N scale they seem to work with Fleischmann Profi couplings.
Cheers!
Gordon
Rheinland Bayern Bahn
Bahner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bahner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2017 at 12:43pm
Yay, glad to see the forum back up again :)

Looking forward to the members' updates.
BR42 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BR42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 12:50pm
Hello:

Yes, I am surprised too.  Nobody told me as Forum administrator!  I had given up.

Ulrich

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el Gato Gordo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 4:49pm
It must have been on a "need to know" basis, Ulrich! Why tell the administrator?    

Nine days and counting!
Cheers!
Gordon
Rheinland Bayern Bahn
Railwriter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Railwriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 4:28pm
Ulrich,

Now that the Forum has been stable (at least as far as I can tell) for a while, maybe you can get Rey to include a note in one of his e-mail newsletters that the Forum is back up.  I am sure that many of the people who used to read it and participate are not aware of this.

By the way:  If you click the Forum tab at the top of the page when you are logged into a Reynauld's account (on the main Web site) you still get the page that says that the forum is offline -- though the link from the home page works fine.  Someone needs to try out some of the other parts of the Reynauld's site to make sure that the Forum link now works on all pages.

-- Ernest

BR42 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BR42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 10:04am
Earnest,

This seems to be fixed now. 

Gordon,

I guess you right.  Same at the University.

Ulrich

Edited by BR42 - 14 Jul 2017 at 10:04am
RRVRR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRVRR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 12:59pm
Well, it seems it still has issues because I looked it up the last three days and I got the offline notice. I like to post when I have a little bit free time, not when the forum is available.

Beside a lot of work in my job and a tight schedule I lost the interest in continue to keep my postings updated. It takes time to post updates here but for a uncertain outcome if the forum stays open or not and the gamble if the forum is accessible or not I do not update my post in the layout section and maybe look up this forum once all two weeks instead of daily in the past.

I was trying to drag some more people into it here but all the effort I made was leveled because of the long offline period and it doesn't really improved, still looks the same with the same little features and complicated and limited way to do postings. I rather start my own before do this effort again, sorry guys.

Edited by RRVRR - 14 Jul 2017 at 12:59pm
Railwriter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Railwriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 2:44pm
Markus,

While the Forum does still appear to have issues from time to time, please note my earlier comments that the links on some pages still point to the blue "Forum offline" page.

If you get that.  Try the link on the home page,   Or, better still, set up a bookmark in your browser that goes directly to the Forum.

-- Ernest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el Gato Gordo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 5:59pm
Markus is right, though. The Forum is still off line quite a bit, but it has been up more than down in the past 4 to 6 weeks. I do check every day, both through the REI website link and directly out of loyalty.

But I'm not going to abandon this forum yet. I hope the problems get resolved, and that our lost members find their way home.
Cheers!
Gordon
Rheinland Bayern Bahn
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic