Reynauld's Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Topics > Beginner's Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Z21 with PIKO switch

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alfred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z21 with PIKO switch
    Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 9:15pm
Hi all,

I have a Z21 digital unit which I would like to use with PIKO 55220 left switch. I also have a ROCO 10775 turnout decoder.

My question is what do I need in order to control the switch with Z21?
What is the module part number that moves the PIKO switch and works with Z21?

Thanks for your help.
Alfred
BR42 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BR42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2017 at 7:22am
Alfred:

Just hook the Piko switch up as you would connect a Roco switch.  Neither the decoder or the switch has any special hookups for brand/off-brand equpment.  For the decoder a solenoid machine is a solenoid machine regardless of brand/type, and vice-versa.

Ulrich 
el Gato Gordo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el Gato Gordo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2017 at 7:48am
I am not sure whether a Tortoise switch machine will work. It requires current in two directions and needs constant power to keep the points against the rails.
Cheers!
Gordon
Rheinland Bayern Bahn
Alfred View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alfred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2017 at 9:25am
Thanks you all.
Since I don't have the electric switch motor part to move the PIKO 55220 switch, should I order the Piko 55271 electric switch motor or is there any other electric switch motor I should get in order to work with the ROCO set I have?
Railwriter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Railwriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2017 at 10:39am
As others have pointed out, the Roco decoder will work witn any solenoid type switch motor.  So, get the Piko switch motor that is designed for that switch.  Though other types of switch motors may work, using one from Piko that is intended for that switch will make installation much easier.

-- Ernest
Alfred View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alfred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2017 at 5:30pm
Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic