Reynauld's Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Topics > Scenary Tips
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Yellow warning lines on station platforms

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Railwriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yellow warning lines on station platforms
    Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 11:02am
I've been working on upgrading some older kits that were never painted, including a variety of station platforms that have been in storage for a while.

Painting even assembled platforms with concrete paint does a lot to improve their appearance -- and is not that difficult.  (Of course, if you can, it is much easier to paint components before assembly.)

That brings up the following question:  Most prototype modern station platforms have a yellow warning line behind which passengers are supposed to stay until the train train has come to a stop.

Is there any simple way of adding that line to model platforms?

Yes, I know that I could mask the platforms and carefully paint the stripes on.  But getting that narrow strip done neatly would appear to be tedious, if not difficult.

Does anyone make a dry transfer with a thin yellow line that could be used?

Thanks for any suggestions.

-- Ernest

el Gato Gordo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el Gato Gordo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 4:28pm
I see the warning line in white or yellow, sometimes joined with a change in platform color from one side of the line to another.  I have gone the masking route, and used either white weathering powder (since these lines are often well-worn), or a white paint pen.

For yellow, your might look for graphic tape, such as:

You could dull it down with some Dull Cote spray, and a wash.

Edited by el Gato Gordo - 03 Sep 2017 at 4:31pm
Cheers!
Gordon
Rheinland Bayern Bahn
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic