Reynauld's Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Topics > Technical Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fleischmann 6152 turntable

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevenjoyce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fleischmann 6152 turntable
    Posted: 22 Dec 2017 at 10:07am
Just got a used one on line.  Cant get it to work.  Figure I am doing something wrong.  Hooked up the colored wires on control to matching colors then took 2 yellow end wire and hooked it into ac posts on transformer.  got nothing so tried the additional dc posts still no luck.  Guy I bought it from said I may have shorted it out.  Well no pop smoke flash or smell.  Now i see the controller has an additional black and white wire.  So watched some videos.  Seems I saw someone using  separate transformer.  Cant locate one with a ground ( for black wire I think)  Can anyone give me some additional info.  Where to get the alt transformer  a wiring diagram ( not included with turntable).  Think this model is 10 years old according to guy  had on layout 4 years been in storage for 6.  LOL  push comes to shove I spring for a new one and take all the track extender pieces from the old one...at $40 a pop for 3 I wouldnt have lost much
BR42 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BR42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2017 at 2:01pm
Hello Steven:

The black and white wires from the controller go to the AC power supply. Any AC transformer delivering 14V - !6V AC will work.  A manual can be found at

http://www.gaugemaster.com/instructions/FM%20Turntable.pdf

I have the same turntable except with regular code 100 track, and it works great.  I do not think you shortened it out.  The controller is the only thing that has something sensitive in it, and it is quite hard to burn out a bridge rectifier.  If the controller dies, a bridge rectifier, a DPDT switch and a pushbutton can easily replace it.

Ulrich
stevenjoyce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevenjoyce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2017 at 4:28pm
Thank you so much.  I finally saw a diagram and was going to try that when I get back home.  But you just confirmed I was on right track
BR42 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BR42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2017 at 8:39am
Steven:

Let me know if it works.

Ulrich
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic