Reynauld's Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Topics > Historical Notes and Real Trains
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

An Austrian Railroad Christmas

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Railwriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: An Austrian Railroad Christmas
    Posted: 23 Dec 2017 at 8:30pm
Hello All,

For some seasonal reading, I offer a link to my Blog post on the Reynauld's Blog:  "An Austrian Railroad Christmas:"

It's an older post, but some of you who may be new to the site may not have seen it before -- and even I enjoy reading it again every now and then.

By the way, this is the 199th anniversary of "Silent Night" -- which was, of course, written and first performed in a small town near Salzburg, Austria.

In observation of the 200th anniversary in 2018, a private Austrian railroad operator of long-distance unit trains has already unveiled a special paint scheme for one of its Siemens Vectron locomotives.  HO models will be available from Roco, which sponsored the paint scheme.

Here are some prototype photos from the Roco site -- on a page that is currently only available in German.  (Scroll down for the photos.)

-- Ernest

el Gato Gordo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el Gato Gordo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2017 at 5:49pm
Thanks, Ernest! Happy Christmas to you and those dear to you.
Cheers!
Gordon
Rheinland Bayern Bahn
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic