Reynauld's Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Topics > European Model Train Clubs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Euro modeling in the Seattle/Portland area?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tautemarite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Euro modeling in the Seattle/Portland area?
    Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 10:20pm
Hi,
I am looking for std or narrow gaugers that model European  equipment in the Seattle/Portland area.
Chuck Walters
designing_don View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote designing_don Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 2:40pm
Hi, I am doing a N scale German Layout and I live in Longview, Vancouver Wa. Area . Been at it from 1974 on.
tautemarite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tautemarite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2012 at 5:56pm
Hello,
I model HO scale , std, 2', and 3' gauge in the Kirkland, WA area. I get down to PDX, once in a while.
Chuck Walterrs
tautemarite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tautemarite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2012 at 11:16pm
HI, Although I model in HO, there are not many of us modeling European stuff in this area. I just finished settling my Mom's estate in Portland so won't get down there very often now. Will you be at the National Narrow gauge meet in Bellevue in September?
Chuck
TrixAdler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TrixAdler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2012 at 6:20pm
I'm surprised to find so few European modellers in this area. 
I'm on the Canadian Gulf Islands (I can almost see Seattle), but only N. American and British trains run nearby.
I'm a newbie, starting a S. German branch line in 1920. Evidently solo.
Thanks to Reynauld's I now have easy access.
 - Graeme.
A day without laughter is a wasted day.
Bundesbahn View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bundesbahn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2013 at 1:39pm
Hello,
I am also in Longview! I am getting quite a collection of German and Swiss HO trains. I also have a fairly large layout.

Perhaps we could get together and share our fascination with these trains.

I would like to hear from you,
Geoff
Mitch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2013 at 12:09pm
Hi,

I am new to the forum.  My name is Mitch and I live in Kent, WA.  I always get excited about my trains this time of year and went to the Boeing Swap meet in Kent, and spent 2 full days at the Great Train Expo this past w/e.

Although I mostly have Marklin trains, some of my models are for 2 rail.  I do not have a layout at this time, but I am thinking about putting together a small layout with M track that I could take to a show.  I also have C track and plan to use that for a digital layout I will have set up someday.

I think it would be great to have fellow modelers that could help each other and I look forward to meeting up with some of you!  You can view some... and that is not all... of my collection under "new members"

Mitch 
Mitch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2014 at 9:14am
Hi Guys,

I recently joined a modular club in my area.  Of course they Model the Pacific NW trains, but there main focus is to RUN TRAINS and for everyone to help and have fun.

Here is a picture of the 'old' train station in my town of Kent, WA.  I thought that would be the start of the 'theme' for my module.

Here is a picture of 3 modules that is getting ready to set up.

On the second day of the show, I bought some used Marklin cars, with NEM coupler pockets, I replaced one coupler with a Kaddee knuckle coupler.  The wheel sets were insulated, so minutes later I was pulling my 2 new DB cream / blue cars around the track (with the clubs AMTRACK engine)

I had fun with the group, but my excitement level was much increased as I pulled my 2 Marklin DB cars around there track.  

NOW... I plan to make a modual of the town of Leavenworth (for those who do not know, It is a small town in the Pacific NW that has become a tourist attraction as the town took on a "bavarian" look.

I will need to buy some Fleishmann DCC engines and for now I am planning my modual.  I plan to have a small station and "Bavarian" town of Leavenworth.  I also bought some DCC coders at the show and plan to convert the 2 rail (roco, piko, liliput) engines I have to operate in DCC.

I suggest if you can not find a European Club, you might find a local club that you can still enjoy!

Mitch
Ron Anderson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Anderson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 2:41pm
I model both German and US prototypes in HO and N scales and I have built a small N scale layout depicting a Bavarian branch line in era III(all steam). Also ,I enjoy collecting Fleischmann trains in both HO and N,as about 80% of my roster consists of their products.My favorite Fleischmann loco is the BR 70 2-4-0T and I own 4 versions of this loco in both HO and N.I live in Portland ,OR.
Mitch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2014 at 4:32pm

I found the model you are talking about on ebay.  It looks very nice.  I do not see it in the current line up.  Most of my engines are Marklin, and the ones that are other mfg's are still for 3 rail. 

So I need to start to acquire 2 rail DCC engines.  I am looking at Roco, Flieshmann or Trix. 

I am concerned about how the small tank locos ie 0-6-0 or 0-4-0, run over switches.  My Marklin engines run fine but without the pickup shoe there is not much contact area...

What is your experience in that?

I plan to have my modules of "Leavenworth" built for the next show season. I hope to have one or two engines by that time also.  I have enough rolling stock with DC wheel sets.

I am working aboard ship now and building my "town" with Faller kits... Mitch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic