Reynauld's Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Topics > Layout Showcase
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ulrich's HO Layout II

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BR42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 12:55am
Hello:

An update on the move:  The layout has been reassembled and is fully operational again.  Most damage was to the stubend station and the area connecting it to the rest of the layout.  However, everything has been fixed, and several improvements have been made:

a)  The width of the path to the central area was increased from18" to 26", the central area itself from 30" to 40" giving the operator a much easier access and a more comfortable space for running the trains.

b) A Fleischmann turntable with a Kibri Ottbergen roundhouse (3 stands) plus 3 open stands was added to the right end of the stubend station, a much better location than the originally planned left side.  This provides space for up to six more locos (usually four since the area should not look overstuffed).

Ulrich
BR42 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BR42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2016 at 1:48pm
Hello Everyone:

Time for me to post an update too.  I finally got around to install the last elements of my signaling system.  While the main signals and distant signals on the mainline were in place for about a year, this was not the case on the secondary line.  It had entrance and exit signals, but no distance signals. While not mandatory for a low speed secondary line, I added them because my secondary line is supposed to have a speed limit of 70km/h from the entrance of the stub-end station  to the place where it joins the main line.  This requires the use of entrance, exit and distant signals.  The line through the stub-end station is assumed to continue as a secondary slow speed (60km/h territory) line, but this part is not modeled.  Nevertheless, non-functioning exit signals were installed.  Finally working track closure signals and waiting signals are in place.  Altogether there are 52 working signals and four non-working signals permanently on "stop" or "expect stop" to signal entrance in the non modeled part of the line.  In addition there are 14 waiting signals controlling the flow of traffic.  Interestingly, there are only 50 turnouts on the layout including the hidden storage yard.

Most signals are semaphore signals.  The main compromise is the placement of four of these because the space between the track where they were to be is too narrow.  A signalling bridge with semaphore would be great.  Hint to Viessmann.  They have one with light signals, but I like the semaphore types better.

Ulrich
michaelrose55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michaelrose55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2016 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by BR42 BR42 wrote:

Hello Everyone:

Time for me to post an update too.  I finally got around to install the last elements of my signaling system.  While the main signals and distant signals on the mainline were in place for about a year, this was not the case on the secondary line.  It had entrance and exit signals, but no distance signals. While not mandatory for a low speed secondary line, I added them because my secondary line is supposed to have a speed limit of 70km/h from the entrance of the stub-end station  to the place where it joins the main line.  This requires the use of entrance, exit and distant signals.  The line through the stub-end station is assumed to continue as a secondary slow speed (60km/h territory) line, but this part is not modeled.  Nevertheless, non-functioning exit signals were installed.  Finally working track closure signals and waiting signals are in place.  Altogether there are 52 working signals and four non-working signals permanently on "stop" or "expect stop" to signal entrance in the non modeled part of the line.  In addition there are 14 waiting signals controlling the flow of traffic.  Interestingly, there are only 50 turnouts on the layout including the hidden storage yard.

Most signals are semaphore signals.  The main compromise is the placement of four of these because the space between the track where they were to be is too narrow.  A signalling bridge with semaphore would be great.  Hint to Viessmann.  They have one with light signals, but I like the semaphore types better.

Ulrich
Where are the pictures Wink ???
Michael
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic