Reynauld's Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Topics > Layout Showcase
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ulrich's HO Layout II

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ulrich's HO Layout II
    Posted: 08 May 2013 at 10:20am
Are the bridges in photo #7 handmade or from a kit?
Dave S
BR42 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BR42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2013 at 11:37am
Dear Dave,

The bridge in the back is an old Faller bridge whichnis about 40 years old and got renovated, the one in the front is an Atlas Truss bridge.  The bridges leading to it are from a Faller kit.

Ulrich
Bundesbahn View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bundesbahn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2013 at 1:39pm
Very impressive, Ulrich. The last time I saw something like this was in Nuremberg, Germany, many years ago.

What are the tracks you are using?
BR42 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BR42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2013 at 3:40pm
Dear Choo-Choo,

Thanks for the compliments.  The track I am using is hand-ballasted Atlas Code100.  The curved switches are Piko A-Track, while the larger Radius one are old Roco Code100.

Ulrich

Edited by BR42 - 08 May 2013 at 3:41pm
Railwriter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Railwriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2013 at 3:50pm
If you are looking for something like the arch bridge in the background, similar bridges in both a single-track and double-track version are available from Kleinbahn in Austria.  (I have both of them.)

-- Ernest
BR42 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BR42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2013 at 11:31pm
Dear Ernest,

This is good to know. 

I am getting ready to connect the signals under the main part, and install some boards on the sides to cover the foam.

Ulrich
BR42 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BR42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2013 at 11:37am
Hello Everyone!

Here are the newest pictures of my layout, this time without flash. Still, one of the projects for next year is to work on my train photography. Let us get started.

The first picture shows the just completed stubstation:

It has its own small engine facility:

It is connected to the rest of the layout by the bridge you see in the background. It is an old Faller bridge which I refurbished:

None of these parts were completed on the last picture sequence. After crossing the bridge, the train will enter the hill top station. The last time this station had no overhead catenary.

From the hilltop station, the train will travel through the cut

till it reaches the main station which was already shown before. More to come later, especially pictures of train compositions.

Ulrich
BR42 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BR42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2013 at 6:44pm
Hello,

Just a fast update.  After coming back from Europe, I finished the wiring of the layout today.  In May, I had connected all the switches, and track-power, but none of the lights, and about 40% of the signals were connected.  Now, all the lights in the houses and all the street lights are working.  In addition, all signals are connected to their decoders, and the decoders are programmed to operate the signals in a realistic manner.  I am thinking about automatic signal control, but that gets quite complicated without having block detection added to the whole layout.  Maybe I leave that as one of the jobs for after retirement. 

This weekend I will install the street signs, and the signs used by the railroad (non-operating signals).  The next step will be adding all the Preiserlein that sitting in boxes. 

The final job will be adding skirting to the outside to have clean borders and to hide the storage under the layout.

Ulrich
RandyRail View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RandyRail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2013 at 4:18pm
hi,
  that sounds great. The layout I am building will have slider sensors installed at block boundaries. 

If you could take a night photo with the camera on a tripod with all the layout lights on.  And post them here.

Randy
Randy Knaub
BR42 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BR42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2013 at 1:25pm
Hello,

Another update:  The automated signaling system is installed, and it controls the signals between the stations to ensure that no accidents can happen.  The last visible pieces of foam have been covered up, all Preiser people are back on the layout.  For the remaining days before the new year, there are only two small jobs left:

1.  Install all traffic signs and names with street signs

2.  Install all the railroad signs like "Waiting sign, speed limit signs, etc."

Ulrich 

Edited by BR42 - 28 Dec 2013 at 1:30pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic