Reynauld's Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Topics > Digital Trains > General Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Loco operation Ecos Command Station

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom@crobar.net.au Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Loco operation Ecos Command Station
    Posted: 19 Jul 2013 at 6:12am

I have had problems with operating a Fleischmann 722881 Diesel Locomotive. All other locos I’ve received have instantly run under my ECOS command station. This loco registered OK with ECOS, but when  operated would only run in a ‘stuttered ‘way. (i.e. randomly start/stop and only moving mm at a time). I have cleaned the wheel contacts but to no avail and tried differing addresses. Registering is on a programming track.

I note that this loco, whilst just shipped from Reynaulds, is now factory discontinued and wondered if that might indicate a manufacturing problem or an outdated decoder. Could you please advise what else I should do to get it to operate, Regards, Tom

Tom Crow
Bundesbahn View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bundesbahn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2013 at 8:04am
Dear Tom

Welcome to the Forum !

Sorry you have problems with your 722881 Fleischmann N-Scale Diesel Loco. From you are telling us, I conclude there is most likely a problem with the motor/drive gear or a faulty decoder connection. Please, reset the address to the factory setting. Then contact Reynauld's at info@reynaulds.com. Explain what the problem is.
Tristan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tristan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2013 at 1:09pm
Tom,

I would suggest that you check to see what decoder is fitted by checking the manufacturer code in CV8. This is read only.

the NMRA lists most manufacturers:

In most cases the decoder can be reset to the factory configuration by attempting to program this CV with 8. This trick has helped me out on a few occasions.

The second thing to try is to see if the locomotive runs correctly on DC.

Tristan

Certified equal opportunity train nut: All countries and all gauges.
tom@crobar.net.au View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom@crobar.net.au Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2013 at 10:39pm
Thank you all for your advice. Yes Tristan, I took your advice and it runs very well in DC. Does that mean we've narrowed the issue down to either  it's a faulty decoder or decoder connection problem? Thanks again, Tom
Tom Crow
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic