Reynauld's Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Topics > Military Trains
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New military train releases

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tautemarite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New military train releases
    Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 10:40pm
Hi,
I should have started a new topic with my last post under "converting roco loco to artitec armored train".

Rivarossi has recently released WW2 and later USATC steam locos with and without european buffers. This model (S-100) was shipped by the U.S. to Europe, Iran and all over , including Berlin.
It runs very nicely but be aware it comes with lights or not on differing models.

Chuck
Railwriter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Railwriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2014 at 6:09am
Roco has also announced several versions of a USATC steam locomotive -- either lettered for the USATC or for Austria, where it was taken over into the motive power pool.

Check the Roco new listings on the Reynauld's site and select steam locomotives.

-- Ernest

tautemarite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tautemarite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2014 at 12:23pm
Thanks Ernest,
I saw the new large USATC Roco @ $450 & up but for now that is out of my budget. The little switcher, also on Reynauld's site, is $226 and is a sweet runner and a good yard engine.
Chuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tautemarite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2014 at 9:45pm
Reynauld's and other dealers have the new Fleischmann V-36 Diesel WWII Wehrmacht  loco that was used to shunt their large railguns (K-5) around, particularly in Northern France. #421601 is the DC version. #421681 is the DCC version (without sound) but with DCC couplers. They are all quite affordable. Rey tells me that they can add sound. I am waiting for a cost quote.
Chuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tautemarite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2016 at 10:39pm
I have not been able to update this thread because of medical issues but REE models and others have put out some nice USATC steam locos in the last year or 2.
Chuck
skyhawk View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skyhawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2016 at 7:03am
Chuck, how are you feeling ? I hope you are doing better.
Nick Biangel
USMC
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic