Reynauld's Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Topics > Layout Showcase
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

German Rhine River Valley Railroad (HO)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 202122
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el Gato Gordo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 12:22pm
Thanks for the update, Markus.   The Forum has been absent so much this year that I have forgotten what Era you are modeling.

The details for the maintenance yard are looking great!
Cheers!
Gordon
Rheinland Bayern Bahn
RRVRR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRVRR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 3:14pm
I can't believe it, I can access the forum today. I usually get an Error.....anyway.

Here is an update on my progress....!

A little bit progress was made on the large castle

I'm still in the middle of collecting cars for the old-timer event.

On the power station is not a lot done, I cut out cardboard to level the bases of the kits.

Between my main station and the castle hill I have to build an underpass for my car system and I'm  closing some openings.

In the background I started with the first vine yard

and the first layer of vegetation is also growing... Wink

Finally, we got new windows for the whole house, means I finally can work on the main station

This means next task here is to work on the platforms.

The pictures are not in order since I worked in stages also before the window exchange but it shows what I did. A view picture above was a test for the pedestrian stairs to cross platforms under the track. To make this look like right I have to cut some holes.

This is how the test stairs look like. The final stairs are double in width.

In between I experience in smaller parts with my laser cutter. This is an induction device you will find on signals to sense a train and is part of the control system of the prototype. Small stuff like this makes the level of detail I like to accomplish.

In the small suburb town I have almost completed another house, it's the city hall and will be placed right in the middle. I also draw some lines for the car system.

I also completed my small fountain for the market place that I will have around it in front of the city hall.

Another building I'm working on is the scale model of the original switch tower in Ruedesheim. So many windows are screaming for interior...I'm on it. Smile

My harbor also gets seawalls, I started painting the plaster castings I had done awhile ago.

....a long post...a lot of pictures but you guys are now up to date and who knows when I can gain access again.

Edited by RRVRR - 13 Oct 2017 at 3:25pm
el Gato Gordo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el Gato Gordo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 6:31pm
Welcome back, Markus! You have made fantastic progress since your last previous post. I hope to get on the computer tomorrow so I can examine the photos full size and at leisure. Looking at them on the phone just is inadequate.
Cheers!
Gordon
Rheinland Bayern Bahn
BR42 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BR42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 6:20am
Markus,

I love what you have done.  Had no chance to work much on my train the last year, too much things going on at work.

Ulrich

Edited by BR42 - 16 Oct 2017 at 6:20am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 202122
  Share Topic