Reynauld's Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Topics > Layout Showcase
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

German Rhine River Valley Railroad (HO)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 23>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRVRR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2017 at 1:03am
Leif, your welcome.

More Plaster work done today, hopefully I can finish it on the weekend (just the mountain area).

RRVRR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRVRR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 3:00am
Had not much time today but still made some progress

RRVRR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRVRR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 1:30am
Progress -> Progress.....Tongue

The first layer of ground cover is done.
On the top of my mountain you will notice a darker ground cover, this is where the forest will be. On other places I will have some vineyards.

I need to build some trees now to work from the back to the front.

Here is a view of the Funicular cable track that brings visitors to the castle. Unfortunately the track from Brawa is all plastic and in the same color so at least from the front I will ballast it to give it a better look. This view can only be seen if you sit on the layout.

RRVRR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRVRR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 12:51am
More progress...the first layer of 2,5mm static fibers are on the general area where I do not have a forest or vineyards. Also the street got the first code of paint.

BR42 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BR42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 7:57am
Hello Markus:

Looks great, wonderful mountains.  One question though:  How are you dealing with the installation of overhead catenary?  I found it easier to install the catenary first, then the landscape.

Ulrich
RRVRR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRVRR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 9:03am
Ulrich,
this is a good question... LOL

Since I never installed overhead catenary before I can't tell. What I thought a few days ago that I should have installed the part that goes in the tunnel since I have enough clearance in the shadow station and helix to run the trains with the catenary up I like to catch them before they drive out of the tunnel to the visible side. This requires a kind of ramp and that would be easy if I have had it installed it first before I closed everything. Now I have to break my fingers to install it in the space I have left from underneath. Embarrassed

For the rest of the catenary I install the posts but the catenary itself will be the last I do.

Edited by RRVRR - 14 Mar 2017 at 9:06am
Model Train Projects View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Model Train Projects Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 9:20am
Hey Markus,

magnificent !!

Really looks awesome !

As for the catenary, I set the masts first, made sure everything works out and then took the masts off again to have room for the landscaping, the masts would be in the way while applying the grass. After everything is said and done, I will install the catenary and solder everything together. It is like a very dense spider web, so you do not want that in your way before you got everything else done. 

since I do not have tunnels, I can do my ramp coming from the staging easily later ;) 
Br

Leif
RRVRR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRVRR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 11:06am
Leif,
the masts I have a nut that needs to be tighten from underneath. I can drill a hole to set them but that needs to go in before I enclose some areas.

I guess I have to think about those areas first before I make it even harder for me as it should.

Thanks for the advice Wink
BR42 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BR42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 2:44pm
Markus:

Yes, the tunnels are the areas I was wondering about. 

Ulrich
RRVRR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRVRR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 9:41am
Ulrich,
yes, I should have this done before I closed it, it will now bemuch harder to come by.

Yesterday I added two more layers of static grass, so here are some pictures.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 23>
  Share Topic