Reynauld's Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Topics > Layout Showcase
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bardowick in H0

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michaelrose55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 9:25am
Originally posted by RRVRR RRVRR wrote:

Leif,
please don't show of that beautiful old trains, my wife loves it (I do to) and asked me why I do not get rid of the "ugly" locomotives and by more steamers.

YOU ARE NOT HELPING LOLWink
But she's right! You have a lot of 'ugly' locomotives... Wink
Michael
RRVRR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRVRR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by michaelrose55 michaelrose55 wrote:

Originally posted by RRVRR RRVRR wrote:

Leif,
please don't show of that beautiful old trains, my wife loves it (I do to) and asked me why I do not get rid of the "ugly" locomotives and by more steamers.

YOU ARE NOT HELPING LOLWink
But she's right! You have a lot of 'ugly' locomotives... Wink

So now we have to decide which one is ugly and which not because we all got some model of the same type.

That would leads to a new fun topic, show of the locomotives you have and describe why you like/bought them. LOL
Model Train Projects View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Model Train Projects Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 8:30pm
Hey All,

@Markus and Michael: haha, you guys are funny ;) But "ugly" is depending on the definition, I like the Gravita as well, I do not like the "hamster" 2440 as an example. I wouldn't call any steamer "pretty" ( excluding the stream lined ones ), BUT they are so majestic, raw power, all mechanic, they are kind of alive :) I like 60's and 70's German DB design the best, yes, the V200 isn't my favorite ;) I like the "Einheitsloks" in the E traction and the V160 series in the diesel traction most ( I got 35 and counting ;) ).

Ok, back to the layout. Today I tested some more and got final results on the static grass glue. The Noch was the best till today, now I found a better mixture, which drys 100% clear and does not leave any "clumps" or resedue. I will do some more testing, if that turns out all OK over some time, I will add this to my product line ( It's no product you can buy anywhere, the ingredients for it separately you can of course ) :) The best part of it, its cheaper compared to the Noch glue, which isn't really expense either really, but not as good as the new discovered one. Noch 750ml $19.56, which will last a long time, but the new mixture 500ml $8.95 is easy to apply and won't need as much coverage to make the grass stay put. 
Once my first tests are over with, I will make two small boards with the same grass on them to show the differences.

PS: By now you guys should have figured out that my basement is a chemical hazard zone, I like to mix stuff together ;)

Besides that, I let some trains run and measured them in for the ABC stopping zones for the automated operation of the push-pull trains.

Br

Leif
RRVRR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRVRR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2017 at 1:12am
I already assumed it, the hazard zone. LOL
BR42 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BR42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2017 at 7:43am
Hello:

I am with the late Michael Meinhold from MIBA, it is Era III or early Era IV or nothing.  My layout stops in 1974 before beige-turquoise was introduced.  My most "modern" engine is a blue 181.2 class.

By the way, the P10 is not a KPEV engine since the "K" stands for royal.  By the time the engine was designed and built the King of Prussia (and Kaiser) was sitting in the Netherlands wondering how he got there.  It was designed by the Prussian State Railroad (P.St.B.).  The Bavarian P3/5H and G3/4H from Trix suffer from the same problem, they were built after 1918.

Ulrich

Edited by BR42 - 11 Mar 2017 at 7:44am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Model Train Projects Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 11:15pm
Hey All,

@Markus: ;)

@Ulrich: I do 80's, so a lot oceanblue/beige, but the design of the rolling stock dates back :) I'm am aware of the P10 beeing newer, but I do count the P10, T20 and G12 as Pussian locos, altough they really got into service in the early Reichsbahn. 

Ok, now some picutures, right side Noch, left side my creation. I applied the glue a little but over the area I applied gras to, to show the differences. My glue is applied from the left edge on.

Br

Leif
RRVRR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRVRR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 1:21am
One thing I do when I do longer fibers, I use thicker glue so the fibers are holding better upright. There is a lot of "fallen goods" on your test board. Wink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Model Train Projects Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 10:32pm
Hey Markus,

nope, the are none ;) I used my finger to brush over it to see if they hold. Also, the left side is to show the glue clearness, those are those fibres blown off the others. 
Br

Leif
RRVRR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRVRR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2017 at 11:09am
OK, I see.....I have to check with the glue I use if there is any residue left when it is dry.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Model Train Projects Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 10:19pm
Hello :)

No new on my layout, waiting for material and a lot of other stuff going on at work. On Saturdays I build a new layout for a customer now, so this is how it looks so far:

Once it's done it will be a Bavarian Branch line in Era III :)
Br

Leif
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
  Share Topic