Reynauld's Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Topics > Layout Showcase
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bardowick in H0

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Model Train Projects Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2015 at 9:09pm
Hey All,

today I played with some more Weinert accessories, I built a working turnout signal and handle, just some finetuning and painting left to do.

https://youtu.be/SNOY0bD4BfI

https://youtu.be/V1KTrjwolfI

Br

Leif

Model Train Projects View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Model Train Projects Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2016 at 11:21pm
Hey All,

after a while, its time for an update here. Not much done though, pretty busy with work.

I competed the turnouts and weathered them:

I also started some "Landscaping", applied foam seets and cut them. After that, I primed them brown:

Applied some gravel, it doesn't need to cover all, since there will be a lot "green" around it. The material I use is fine ground natural stone.

Now used my Ballast Flexyglue to make the gravel stay in place.

That is the state as of now, next is to bother Reynaulds with an order of "green stuff" ;)

Br

Leif

Railwriter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Railwriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2016 at 12:23am
Hello Leif,

What are you using to weather the turnouts and track?  Thanks.

-- Ernest

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Model Train Projects Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 8:36pm
Hey Ernest,

I use Vallejo matte black for the primer, then pan pastel rust brown extra soft for the "rusting"

Br

Leif

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Model Train Projects Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2016 at 2:59pm
Hello,

I started landscaping in March of this year, since I never did that before, it was a learning progress.
First the ditch around the tracks, looked to uniform to me, so I quit doing that an took some "practicing" boards.

Well, as you can see, spray glue shall not be used, lol

All pictures above taken with mobile phone.

This weekend a found some time and did the road besides the tracks, it turned out OK I think, but it;s not done yet, waiting for more material for the 3. round of static grass application.

I did vacuum the tracks yet.

Br

Leif

RRVRR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRVRR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2016 at 2:37pm
Leif,
this looks fantastic...you are definitely on the right track Wink
el Gato Gordo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el Gato Gordo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2016 at 3:57pm
I'm admiring your progress!  Sometimes I envy the greater natural detail possible in HO!

Cheers!
Gordon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Model Train Projects Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2016 at 8:21pm
Hey Markus and Gordon,

thanks for the kind words :)
It actually stressed me out quite a bit, since I never did anything like this and I was very afraid to screw everything up, lol. Also a reason why it took me so long to get started.

@Gordon: And I do admire the more realistic train lengths you can run in N, or just how much more track length you can achieve :)

Today evening I did some more tests to create a good soil in H0. Got several different ways, will see how it turns out when everything is dry.
It's hard to believe, but there is no product out there which imitates garden or field soil ( At least not anything close to scale ), I did find Noch 08841, which looks like brown mulch in H0, that might be an option for some H0 Gardeners to get their front yard all neat ;)

Br

Leif

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Model Train Projects Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2016 at 12:55am
Hello,

time for a short update on my slow progress of building my layout. I did some farm work and grass application. I also did some work on my rolling stock. I used the zip texturing for the soil of the field. Still wet, so it looks a little muddy right now: ( First 2 pictures taken with cell phone )

el Gato Gordo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el Gato Gordo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2016 at 8:18am
Looks like it's ready for planting! I used corduroy cloth for my gardens in N scale.

Cheers!
Gordon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
  Share Topic