Reynauld's Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Topics > Layout Showcase
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bardowick in H0

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Model Train Projects Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 3:14pm
Hey All,

what is blooming ? I cannot see anything in Bardowick ;)

So here are my test results, although I used tree building glue ( From Germany for building model trees, work very good usually ) and hair spray on some of them, the leaves wouldn't really stuck. On the pictures there are almost bare again. But still, I think this might be a way to make some nice plants, just need to find a better glue for it.

Br

Leif
el Gato Gordo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el Gato Gordo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 3:59pm
How about Dull Coat laquer to hold those leaves?  And for members of the Rhododendron family - Laurels, etc. - use High Gloss clear spray laquer.  One coat to get them to stick, apply leaves, spray again for extra hold.

Speaking of Extra Hold, I've had good luck with the most extra hold hair sprays that I can find.  I can't imagine anyone wanting to use that stuff on her hair!
Cheers!
Gordon
Rheinland Bayern Bahn
Model Train Projects View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Model Train Projects Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2017 at 7:11pm
Hey All,

@Gordon: Thanks for the info ! I heard the same in German Forums, but in this case, it was me ;) I forgot to shake the bottle well before using, the tree building glue works perfectly :) But I will give the clear coat paint a try.

The result now, ready to be planted:

I received some material yesterday, but didn't have time to work on the layout. I just did some comparison and preparation. After all, I came to the result, that the Woodland material is the best to use for my cabbage, and yes, I had that for a couple of weeks now ;) I just wanted to make sure that I compare everything which could be suitable and pick out the best.

Ready to plant cabbage:

And a little teaser, I also collect Era I Prussia, so be prepared to see some more of that in the future ;)

Br

Leif

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el Gato Gordo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2017 at 7:19pm
That is one cool lok!

Cheers!
Gord
Cheers!
Gordon
Rheinland Bayern Bahn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Model Train Projects Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 7:12pm
Hey All,

so in the last days I worked about 8 hours on the layout, but the progress is slow, since I have to plant the cale one by one.
Here the Brachland as of Sunday:

That took about on hour, the other 3 hours of progress on the cale field will follow:

I did some more yesterday and today, but the field isn't finished yet, I might need to buy some more material. Fortunately I can get them locally :)

Br

Leif

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Model Train Projects Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2017 at 8:53pm
Hey All,

finally I got the field done, good 12 hours of gluing one by one.... But I guess it was forth it :)
Not much time during the week, since I travel a lot for work. And now I work on a another layout ( not mine ) every Saturday. So not much time left, but I but as much as I can into building my layout :) Now I need to apply the grass around the field, maybe do some of that today.

Br

Leif
michaelrose55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michaelrose55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2017 at 7:57am
Looking good!
Michael

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el Gato Gordo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2017 at 11:39am
GREAT!  Looks about ready to harvest.
Cheers!
Gordon
Rheinland Bayern Bahn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Model Train Projects Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2017 at 8:31pm
Hey All,

@Michael: Thank you for your feedback :)

@Gordon: Thank you as well for your feedback :)

finally I had some time to work on the layout ! I also continued testing and trying different methods of applying static grass and use of different adhesives.

Almost finished around the cale and open field, just one more grass layer :) I also need to vacuum the left over grass from the field. Tested some different lighting on the following pictures and, today we only see KPEV engines :) Not all the cars are matching, but I got it as close as I could get it. 

Let's start with the fields:

The T8 was the first one:

Now the P8, with not exactly suitable cars ;)

Now the G10, dito:

Last but not least, the star of the KPEV "Gloria":

That was it for today, now I need to let the glue dry and then continue with the gras :)

Br

Leif
RRVRR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRVRR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 8:03am
Leif,
please don't show of that beautiful old trains, my wife loves it (I do to) and asked me why I do not get rid of the "ugly" locomotives and by more steamers.

YOU ARE NOT HELPING LOLWink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
  Share Topic