Reynauld's Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Topics > Digital Trains > AC Digital Trains
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

trains to run

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: trains to run
    Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 5:45pm
I received my starter set, marklin digital, 29720. I can not make this run. It mentions. It mentions that you should be able to set your mfx engine on the track and it registers itself, thus away we go. HELP tore
TJ
Bundesbahn View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bundesbahn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 8:06pm
Hi Tore

Welcome to our Forum !!

The first thing I am concerned with is the power supply, namely the little box that plugs into the wall outlet.

Take a close look at it. On the label, look for the input voltage. Tell me what it says. 110-120 Volt AC or 220-230 Volt AC ?

Then we take it from there.
tore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 9:59pm
Choo Choo, thanks for the help. The  plug is ok, because the mobile station  lights up and speaks german. I can not get it in english.   HELP   thanks tor
TJ
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bundesbahn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2014 at 10:15pm
Tore

You did not really answer my question. What is the indicated input voltage on your power supply?
tore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 3:43pm
Choo Choo,  120v ac     18v dc     tore
TJ
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bundesbahn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 6:34pm
Thank you, Tore.

I will get with you very soon. Currently, I am up to my gills with blog work.
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bundesbahn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2014 at 4:24am
Sorry for the delay. For now, don't worry about the language. We will get to this later.

For a starter, check all the connections. Refer to the owners manual, which, by the way, also points out how to change the language.

Once all the connections check ok, you should check if there is track voltage present. You need to have a voltmeter.

Take it from there.

tore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2014 at 7:21pm
Choo Choo, voltmeter says no track power. Everything is set up properly. Now what ?  Thanks Tore
TJ
el Gato Gordo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el Gato Gordo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2014 at 11:11pm

With the volt meter, check the power at each connection: at the wires attached to the track; where the wires come out of your Marklin power source and anywhere else between the track and the power from the wall outlet.

If there is power to the machine, but no power output from the machine, you probably need a replacement.

Buena suerte,

Gordo. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bundesbahn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2014 at 4:44am
It needs to be mentioned that checking for track power, you need to put the voltmeter on AC, put the probe with the red wire to a center stud located between the tracks; then put the probe with the black wire on either of the tracks. You should read anywhere from 14 to 30+ Volts, depending on the type of meter you are using.

Keep in mind, that you are dealing with a 3-rail track system. The center track (studs) carry one polarity, both tracks carry the other polarity.

Furthermore, the track voltage is neither a pure DC, nor is it a sine wave AC. It is a pulsating square wave signal.

Otherwise, follow Gordo's advice.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic