Reynauld's Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Topics > Digital Trains > AC Digital Trains
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Marklin CS Updates via PC or MAC?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpemeritus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Marklin CS Updates via PC or MAC?
    Posted: 19 Dec 2014 at 11:04am
I am thinking about upgrading to a Marklin CS.  I would like to know about how to perform the frequent software updates that I have been reading about on the Marklin-users forum.  I have been a MAC user for the last several years (drank the Apple Kool-Aid about 5 years ago).  Question is, can CS software updates be done using a MAC (or is a PC needed).  I assume the process involves downloading an installation file to the computer, then via a wired connection between the computer and CS, the download file is transferred to the CS then installed (?).  

Ron 
Bundesbahn View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bundesbahn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2014 at 1:03am
Hi Ron

The software for the CS2 does not need to be updated as frequently as you might think. I never had to do it with mine, and I have never done this. I bought it a little over a year ago.

You should not let that issue stop you from getting one. When you get it, learn how to navigate it. It will tell you which software version is installed. Anything greater than 3.2 is just fine.

If SW update should become an issue, down the line, I would then post the question on the maerklin user net forum. By then the procedures may have changed.

I do not know if using a MAC computer causes a problem. Why don't you post this question in the maerklin user net forum. That would be the quickest way to find out.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic