Reynauld's Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Topics > Digital Trains > AC Digital Trains
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CS Power Supply

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f3red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CS Power Supply
    Posted: 20 Feb 2015 at 10:56am
I'm new here, and need to know what power supply I will need to get for a Marklin Central Station.

I am designing (and intend to build) a 4x8 HO M-Track layout, with a 2x8 8-track staging yard. There should be no more than 4 locos running at any one time. I may decide later to add one or two mobile stations (for the grandchildren, or just for my own amusement).

Have seen several references that recommend use of a 100W power supply, which is apparently only available in 230V (60101). Roger Heil's excellent blog post "Maerklin DCC: Getting Started" indicates he uses the readily-available 110V 50W (60065) PS.

I would like to hear from others who operate using the CS, and whether they have encountered any limitations or problems using the 50W PS - or alternatively, what power supply they recommend.

UPDATE, later the same day...

OK, I am working thru the blog and found the answer to the above question in another of Roger's blog posts, "Maerklin Central Station (60215) 103 By Roger Heid".

His layout and engine inventory is vastly greater than mine, and yet (apperently) he uses the 50W PS - but is planning to get a 100W one. With my more modest needs, 50W will do fine. Thanks Roger!

Edited by f3red - 20 Feb 2015 at 6:34pm
It's all el Gato Gordo's fault!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic