Rey, I have an important question...

Rey, has anyone visited the shop with a brand new Bemo Allegra ABe 8/12 set and asked if you wanted to buy it?

I am asking because it has now been 62 days that my package has been "Inbound to US Customs" and now the tracking information has changed to "Label Created, Not Yet in System. My local Postmaster told me the tracking number is now archived because of age and lack of a scan within 60 days, though it can still be recalled for investigation.

I think there is always the possibility that this set was stolen from ISC Chicago by an employee and they may try to sell it at one of the local Chicago hobby shops. If they did any research at all, they would know that you deal with imported European trains, and you are probably the only dealer in the area that does.
Please ask for a sales receipt if anyone approaches you or an employee with this set.

If you see or hear of anyone trying this please contact me and/or local law enforcement.

Comments

• el Gato Gordoel Gato Gordo Colorado Spring

MichaelE, I had the same problem. I hope yours is resolved by now. Mine two finally arrived. Container cargo had, and possibly still has, a several months backlog in U.S. ports.

• The idiots at the USPS in Chicago sent mine back to Germany. My bank refunded my money.

But I still don't have an Allegra consist. I was hoping BEMO was going to re-release this model, but I don't think it will be any time soon.

• BR42BR42 Auburn

Waiting since December for a caboose from Germany. USPS is investigating for 3 weeks, may take another 5.

• RailwriterRailwriter Durham, NC
    edited March 2021

There appear to be signs of good news (or at least hope) in this area:

• Things are improving on the European side. I recently purchased another brown Austrian Falns-x Roco hopper for my unit train from Germany on Ebay. (More below.) Despite a note from the Ebay vendor in Germany warning of long transit times, the DHL package got from Germany to New York (USPS JFK distribution center, Jamaica, NY) in a week. Now I will need to see how long it takes to get the rest of the way.
    • Congress appears to be seriously interested in the problems of the USPS --- and there appears to be an effort to undo some of the past decisions that have led to the recent problems.

Regarding the unit train: This is my 14th (and probably last) of these cars, all with different operating numbers. Over the years, Roco has produced about 20 different (road number) cars of this type, both in sets and individually-- but many of the single cars were made in very small production runs and distributed only to dealers in Austria. I will probably run only 12 of these cars in the actual train. As noted in the above-linked Blog article, one was purchased damaged and is a parts done. The 14th may be used as a spare, to replace any car that is seriously damaged. Or, I may decide to run the unit train with 13 cars.

-- Ernest

• RailwriterRailwriter Durham, NC

Follow-up: The above-mentioned Ebay purchase from Germany showed up today -- in just under two weeks via regular mail (DHL/USPS).

-- Ernest

• Good news!

• BR42BR42 Auburn
    edited March 2021

Most of mine did too except the caboose. The problem is with USPS or ICE since Deutsche Post put it on the plane to New York.

Ulrich