Catenary is up to the snow shed

I have installed the RhB catenary up to the start of the snow shed. I worked on that last night, but I have to get the plaster cloth and Sculptimold applied before installing the snow shed. I also have brick card stock to line the lower wall inside the shed and the approach to it.
Here is a short video of the progress so far. The locomotive is a Bemo ABe 4/4 III.

Comments

• good job , especially in the condition you have at the moment , what color green is that by the way ? i will be using dark green on mine for the base color , so i am wondering if i should start mixing .

• I don't know what color that is. I just picked a grass-looking green from a color chip at Walmart and said I'll take a quart of this green.

That mountain has had further work since this was taken and the card stock rock wall is up, but not finished.

• BR42BR42 Auburn
    edited October 2020

Michael:

Looks great. I finally finished fine-tuning my catenary. Great idea to install it before you have ballasted everything.

Ulrich

• makes me wish we had a Walmart here :( the only thing near by is K MART :o and in no way they stock anything like paint except poster paint. i can not even get chalk board green .

• edited August 2021

What show! The catenary is live? I would pay admission to see this remarkable layout. The open tourist coach is the cherry on top.

• BR42BR42 Auburn

Chops:

On DCC powered layouts, the catenary is decorative since it is not needed. Actually having powered catenary may cause problems.

Ulrich

• Well, it looks great, and that is interesting to know. Myself, I have not graduated beyond "air" catenary.

• Installing catenary creates an incredible visual impact to a layout. It just isn't the same without it. I hope to finish the DB catenary this winter.

• I completely agree, MichealE. There is no substitute. I look forward to seeing your efforts, perhaps it will give me the nudge that I need. One issue I have is that sometimes I like to recreate Victorian era British steam, before catenary was developed for the railway, even little forays into the early 19th century. I have more scenery to do on Henley, but I fear, none the less, I will end up with a cluttered ambience.