Viessmann Signals with Gantry, Multiplex 52292 - Z21 Connection Help

I purchased for train station Viessmann Signal gantry and two multiplex signals. Now I want to connect that to Z21. I managed to get the power set up and pressed the red address button which rotated the lights through a process. Now the red light is on, but I don’t know what address the 52292 assigned to the signals. The Viessmann instruction booklet naturally only tells one how to connect to the Viessmannn digital commander system. I found one discussion on the website, but that person got farther than I have.

Comments

• Here are photos of gantry and 52292

• Update to my earlier comment and photos. I managed to get the signals programmed, but they only recognize all green or red. The distant signal is either green or off, never yellow/orange. I tried changing the switches for the two settings, but only one of the settings governs. The other doesn’t. I can try to reset, but thought I would ask for advice.

• Hello Chip
    Looking at your connection box, I am a bit puzzled that I see only 4 wires for each of your signals. I use Viessman N-scale 4412 Entry and 4413 Departure signals. The Entry signal has 1 each of red, green and yellow lights and with the power connection (diode) 4 connections in total. The Departure signal (without Distant signal) has 2 red, 1 green, 1 yellow and two white lights. The red lights can be addressed separately, the white lights are connected in pairs. There are a total of 6 connections including power.
    I don't know whether your Distant signal is paralleled with the Main signal, but each colour needs a separate connection. Since you have 4 colours, there would have to be at least 5 connections if all same-colour lights always light up together. Perhaps your power connection is made by the red and white heavy wires. I am not familiar with the Viessman Multiplexer as I made my own controller.
    My signals came with series resistors for each light as LEDs must have a current limiting resistor in series wit the LED. I cannot see any in your picture, but they may be located elsewhere, or the Multiplexer has them internally. To find out whether the problem is with your Multiplexer or the signals would be to disconnect the signals and check each signal light separately. But you would have to make sure that each LED light has a series resistor of typically 1200 Ohms in series when powered with 12VDC. Polarity matters as well.
    I don't know whether this is of any help to you, but it might lead you to the cause of your problem.
    Good luck!
    Uli

• Hello again Chip
    I was interested in how your multiplexer works and found that you are not alone with problems. There is an article describing your problem at this website: https://www.modelrailforum.com/threads/viessmann-52292-multiplexer-and-z21-app.55473/
    Cheers,
    Uli