Driveshaft for ACME Br.120?

My Br. 120 locomotive is down with bad driveshafts. One I've repaired and it is holding fine, the other is now bad, but I haven't removed it yet to see if repair is possible.
ACME will not communicate with me after numerous emails, so I will not be buying any more ACME products as nice as they are.

Does anyone have a lead on where I can find a 25mm driveshaft(s) for this model?

I checked Bachman spare parts and Roco spare parts for different locomotives, but cannot find the length I need. Is there another manufacture that uses a driveshaft of this length in any of its' models?

Comments

• Michael:

You might try Northwest Short Line at https://nwsl.com/.

Ulrich

• it seems you are not the only one with this issue , is it the pins that have given way ?
    here is another one that repaired them ,, but just how steady and good are you in doing ? but if they are really gone then i guess it would not hurt right ? and if does not work after trying , then i guess making a mold ? and cast them ?
    here is the link i found : https://www.modeltrainforum.com/threads/sheared-driveshaft-pin.187278/

• That's me. That is the first repair I made to the driveshaft front driveshaft.

• @BR42 said:
    Michael:

You might try Northwest Short Line at https://nwsl.com/.

Ulrich

I've been to that site but he has no photos of what he's selling and I see no description of a length of any of the driveline components. It seems to me he is only selling the ends, but it's hard to tell without any photos. If the guy can't even complete his website, I don't think I want to trust him with completing an order in the blind.

Thanks for the effort though.

• is it N scale or HO ? as after i looked i see N scale , i do not know why on earth n scale would use knuckle ends for the shaft , and why not use hex ends, for the pins would slide into the slot of the drive in both ends right ? (like a flat bladed screw stick on a flat bladed screw ) being so small would make it hard , but a lot of n scale (if i remember correctly) used hex shape ends on the shaft, that would take BOTH ends (for motor and drive) and the shaft itself , roco use to use in HO a spring , ? on the end before the drive connected to the shaft , makes nice take off but to do that in N scale ? mmm , well , i think casting , break out the dremel and mold and make a cast craft it well , you have one that is in order correct ? but otherwise L@@K around e bay for a parts one ? i do have parts left over from N scale but no shafts , and not for that model , sorry , :/ i might have cups for the motor and drive , but i doubt i have for both sides .

• I somehow posted this in the wrong forum with no way to move it.
    It is HO.

• Michael:

I moved it.

Ulrich

• just in time for christmas ! , i do not know how far you would go to do this sort of thing , but you can buy a mini lathe to machine this sort of thing , i would rather be playing with casting , break out the gas burner and make a mold of the part , and dremel off the scagg that is left behind you could make it out of anything then , plastic would be the last option though , brass would be good , but make sure you do the cups as well . brass against plastic is not really a good mix.

• Not that far I'm afraid.

• with a engine block they use sand , im sure you would not need to go that far , the hardest part would be mucking around with melting down the material to cast it with and to craft the mold , a clay ? maybe ? the idea of the ball end is so it trucks can turn , makes me wonder what diameter the ball is ? finding something soft enough (as i doubt a ball bearing would be very hard to drill) alloy would be good , but to get a thread cut onto a pipe or solid shaft and to cut a thread into a ball for the end would be rather hard , (but not impossible with the right tools) but making a mold would be easier , funny thing is how a company will do this so one buys brand new unit rather selling the parts needed, a throw away society we have become and engineers have become obsolete. :( best of luck , i am sure there would be ONE around , or someone with it.