Afternoon Operations

Comments

• BR42BR42 Auburn

Michael:

Very nice. Thanks for sharing with us.

Ulrich

• MitchMitch Kent, WA

Really nice... giving me inspiration... really like multiple trains in the same shot. Good ideas for me as most of my engines are do not have sound, always good to have at least one with sound going by.
    Mitch

• Dramatic footage, caternary looks spectacular.

• Thank you.

The land area that was in white on the RhB line is now complete:

• BR42BR42 Auburn

Michael:

Great, I love your layout.

Ulrich

• Thanks Ulrich.

• Michael, I always get a twinge of nostalgia when I see your RHB train rounding the corners, especially now with the completed landscaping. Looks great and gives me some impetus to work on my layout, albeit much smaller.
    Uli

• Thanks Uli. I really get a lot of enjoyment out of this railroad. It is my first layout that wasn't a roundy-round on a 4x8 piece of plywood. I never had the room to do anymore than that, but after buying this house about ten years ago I had two extra rooms that I wasn't going to use. The downstairs room became the train room, and the upstairs room is just storage.

Still a lot of work to do and a lot of details to add.

• That sounds like an ideal layout situation, Michael, unfettered free space, and you are making absolutely the best of it. My situation is a 2+ acres lot with a modest house, and my layout is necessarily confined to the basement. So the summer brings on a lot of yard work outside and not much time for layout progress. But at least I am into landscaping now and your very realistic rock formations encouraged me to get going with plaster of Paris which I quite enjoy. I should be ready for landscape base coating soon and some progress photos.

• BR42BR42 Auburn
    edited June 18

One of the advantages living in Alabama: It is too hot for yard work in the summer. So there are two model railroading seasons: Thanksgiving to Valentine's Day, and Memorial Day to Labor Day.

Ulrich

• The saying here in Canada used to go that we have 11 months of winter and 4 weeks of lousy skiing. But things are changing. We've had several 95+F days already in June with high humidity in the Toronto region, also too hot for me for yard work.
    Uli

• Great video. I am having serious catenary envy.