New member from Washington

MitchMitch Kent, WA
Hi Guys,

My name is Mitch.  I have had Marklin trains all my life.  I now have a few other brands, but keep with 3 rail HO.  My collection is mostly German, Austrian, and Swiss. I do not have a layout at this time but just got back from the GTE (Great Train Expo) in Puyallup, WA.

Mitch

Comments

• MitchMitch Kent, WA
    I have an 8 foot case I keep some of my trains:
    and...

I would hope to have a running layout in the near future.

Mitch
  • Mitch,

Welcome to the Forum.  Great collection, and I love the display case.

Ulrich
  • el Gato Gordoel Gato Gordo Colorado Spring

GREAT COLLECTION, Mitch!  Where did you find the Dutch (NS) lokos?

Gordon
  • MitchMitch Kent, WA
    Thanks, I was just back from the GTE and bought some used but good Marklin:

Also picked up this NIB Vollmer kit:
    I plan to start assembly this week and I also bought a set of weathering powder, so I plan to add that to the finished model.

My favorite model is this little Marklin tank loco that pulls my Flieshman Edelweis Cars.  I bought these cars from REI when they were OOP but REI still had a few... 
    I hope to have a small layout that I can transport to the show next year... If I did that I would use my 3029 tank loco (similar but less fragile).

Mitch 
  • MitchMitch Kent, WA
    I forgot to answer the question... 

I think I bought one at a Train show a few years ago.  We have the Boeing Employee Train swap meet every year in November in my town, Kent, WA. Followed by the GTE (Great Train Expo) in Puyallup.  The second one I did get off ebay.  They have different road numbers.  They are both Marklin. I just opened them up because I forgot... They are both Delta or Digital.

Mitch
  • MitchMitch Kent, WA
    Here is a close up of the models...

They seem identical except for the road number and one has the NEM couplers and the other has a older style Marklin hook.
  • MitchMitch Kent, WA
    I just looked at REI's online catalog.  There are 5 Marklin Dutch locos currently produced.  This model is the class 1700.  Marklin has one now with a different road number than my two, and REI has it on sale! The current model is in there digital line up with sound and all that good stuff!

Mitch
  • Hi Mitch

Welcome to our Forum.

Maerklin has been my middle name, for a long time. Currently, I am between layouts. All my stuff is in boxes, occasionally accessed to run a small train on an oval set up on the kitchen table.

During 2014, I will create a layout measuring 18'x8' in a designated basement room . It will take some elbow grease to complete the project.

Roger
  • el Gato Gordoel Gato Gordo Colorado Spring

Thanks for the info, Mitch~

I haven't had Marklin since 1964.  My brother ended up with all the trains.  Now, for Europe, I am modeling N scale (Epoch V-VI) and planning a larger layout, both German & Dutch.  But finding Dutch trains in N scale, especially passenger cars, is not easy.  So your two 1700's really caught my eye!

Gute Reise,
    Gordon
  • Great collection Mitch:

You need to run those beautiful models, build a layout soon.

Thanks

Rey

• MitchMitch Kent, WA
    Thanks to all who appreciate my collection... I just put away my models and squeezed as many as I could into the case... we have 2 cats in the house and I can rest better now that the case is closed, and no models laying about.

I also bought a bunch of (that's about 12) Marklin signals. I believe the Marklin signals would do well at a traveling show. I had about 8, so now I should have about 20.  That's, main line, distant, and yard signals.

I can make a non digital layout and show people how Marklin toys worked in the 50's and 60's.  I also have a few Viessman signals, but they would not go on the road... That also goes for the Kaiser's train... I would love to see that run but it would NEVER go on a road show. I'll end with a picture:
    I hope with inspiration from you out there I will get a layout together and get these trains running as they are meant too!

Mitch
  • Hi Mitch, I recently moved to Silverdale, WA. Everything is still packed but I too have a glass case that I am slowly filling up. I just uncovered my Edelweiss cars that go with my Fleishman cog blue and white loco.
    Chuck/tautemarite2