LGB Big Thunder Railroad Loco

I have a LGB Big Thunder Railroad Loco and I need to replace the motor that is burnt. I do not know the model or make of the motor. Any suggestions for a replacement motor?

Thanks,

Johnjmera50532014-11-12 22:37:16

Comments

• Hey John,

I'm not familiar with that loco, LGB uses two type of motor in the locos, one with a short shaft, one with the long one. How many axles are driven ? Do you have the LGB Item number from the loco ? ( Written on the box ). After that, I can get you some info on the motor part number, thanks.

Br

Leif
  • John,

LGB should have a replacement motor, I would check on their website first.  Another option is to take the engine apart, check the data of the motor, and try to find a replacement.  NWSL may have something that might fit.

Ulrich
  • jmera5053jmera5053 United States
    Leif,

I think it is a long shaft and it has 2 axles. It's a LGB 92315.

Thanks,

John
  • jmera5053jmera5053 United States
    Leif,

I think it is a long shaft and it runs 2 axles. It is a LGB 92315.

Thanks,

John
  • Hey John,

sorry, I missed your reply, somehow it didn't show under new posts, weird. Anyhow, you will need the LGB 62201 short shaft motor. It can be ordered at Reynaulds thru their homepage under Marklin spare parts.
    Send them an e-maal info@reynaulds.com or call them and ask for Roman. He will get you one.

PS: You can find so called "replacement" motors online somewhere else ( e-bay, etc. ), but they are not the original quality motor ! Just FYI, thanks.

Br

Leif
  • Hey John,

I got you the old part number, the new and correct one is 126050, thanks.

Br

Leif