New Blog posts on booster tower

I've posted a two-part article to the Reynauld's Blog that describes a project completed earlier this month (March 2016) of building a rack for the boosters and related components for controlling my future layout.

Please let me know if these Blog posts are of interest and whether it was worth my time writing the description of the project.

The posts, particularly part 1, also provide some general background on the principles involved in using boosters on a layout.

-- Ernest

Comments

• el Gato Gordoel Gato Gordo Colorado Spring

Okay, Ernest.  I'm only partway through your first article and already it is telling me basic info about boosters that answers questions that have been tumbling about in my mind for some time.  I dream of building a larger,  room-size layout, and boosters would definitely be needed.

So, yes, I am very interested, and thank you for sharing!

Cheers!
    Gordon

Post scriptum: I finished both articles and found the info on boosters, isolated booster zones of track, and about NOT using standard telephone cable most informative at this point.  I am sure that if I am ever able to construct a larger layout, I will have more questions - and this Forum and the REI Blog are the place to find answers!(Such as exactly into which bus port on the Z21 to plug the data cable from the Booster).

G

el Gato Gordo2016-03-31 20:52:10