Power supply and distribution needs for Maklin 1

Hello all...

and thank you to Reynaldo's for providing this forum. I'm about to place an order for the new CS3 plus to deal with the power requirements of my Marklin 1 layout... but also want to swap it over to run my HO trains and replace an aging / older Central station whose control knobs are shot.

One of the problems i'm having is understanding how best to proceed as the Marklin catalog may show all their parts and widgets... but provide very little in the way of info on what things are use for what... not to mention the "how." Presently i'm driving one smaller engine on this layout with the mobil station ( i have expanded greatly from a starter set)... but know once i attempt one of my other 4 larger engines... they most likely won't make the lap. I have Rheingold with 6 lighted matching cars that i'm sure will suck a lot of power from system... and won't get far if even a few feet.

HELP!!!

I understand the CS3plus can push 5 amps when combined with 60065 power pack which should be a good start if i'm running 1 train on about 40 feet of linear track. My questions are these:

1) Anyone have any experience with the new generation of Central Stations? Since i want to use it between two different scales, and i own only Marklin engines (a lot with MFX) does it not make the most sense to stick with Marklin?
2) What do i need to connect the CS3 to 1 gauge track clips... what's that piece in between the main lead wires and the CS3?
3) Lastly... and of great interest to me... in reading up I understand i need to distribute power about every 8 to 10 feet around the layout. How do I do that? Does some one have a sample diagram? Does the power come out of the CS3 first, and is then disbursed through some type of hub like device all along the track with varied length lead wires?

Any assistance anyone can share here would be most appreciated.

-Thank you.