The Breitenbach - Rosenheim Railroad Version III

I started the 3rd and hopefully last version of the Breitenbach - Rosenheim Railroad in August 2018. I will begin this new blog by posting the track plan:

For a larger image please click here.

Comments

• el Gato Gordoel Gato Gordo Colorado Spring

Always glad to see your construction, Michael!

• BahnerBahner East Bay, CA

This looks very interesting and quite ambitious!

• michaelrose55michaelrose55 Orange City, FL
    edited April 29

By the middle of August I had the benchwork all ready for the layout:

• It's going to be one heck of a railroad.

I started building the first staging yard that is located behind the background at Bad Adomeit. By early September the staging yard looked like this:

As always, Michael, your progress is amazing! But this time I won't believe it until it's done! o:)

@el Gato Gordo said:
    As always, Michael, your progress is amazing! But this time I won't believe it until it's done! o:)

So far it's all looking good. This iteration of the plan kind of makes sense so I might stick to it :)

Next I created the base for additional staging that will be under part of the layout:

• That's fantastic. I don't think I've ever laid track that straight before. Amazing.

@MichaelE said:
    That's fantastic. I don't think I've ever laid track that straight before. Amazing.

That's not really straight, I don't pay too much attention when I'm laying track in staging yards. I do much better in the visible part of the layout!

• Amazing bench work Michael you are truly a craftsman.

Next I installed the track that connects to the new staging area:

By the middle of September he rest of the staging tracks had been installed:

Early in October I started working on the visible part of the layout. This will become the mainline as it comes out of the staging yard:

A week later the roadbed was glued down and painted:

The next day I connected to the staging area:

The first few feet of the mainline:

• Wow, that's a lot of track.

@MichaelE said:
    Wow, that's a lot of track.

Yes, somebody has to keep Reynauld's in business ;) !

By the last week of October I started to lay out the station of Bad Adomeit:

At the end of the first week of November the Bad Adomeit station was ready for trains:

• Incredible Michael, your best advantage is you have not only the skills but more importantly SPACE!!!

And not only "space," but nice, clean, climate controlled space! Always a pleasure to follow your progress, Michael!

edited May 17

@el Gato Gordo said:
    And not only "space," but nice, clean, climate controlled space! Always a pleasure to follow your progress, Michael!

You need to come for another visit :) !

edited May 18

After finishing the Bad Adomeit Station I cleared the benchwork where Rosenheim will be built. This happened around the middle of November last year. The dimensions of the peninsula are about 8x1.50m, just enough space for a halfway realistic train station.

I'd come, Michael, but I'm still suffering from "toll road shock" from my last visit. I do owe my sisters in Citrus Springs a visit, though.

• Excellent, Michael can you post the track plan of the new Rosenheim layout?

• Sorry, Michael never mind I found the drawing, once the layout gets done Roman and I will visit you.

@reynauld1963 said:
    Sorry, Michael never mind I found the drawing, once the layout gets done Roman and I will visit you.

I hope you're not waiting for the completion of the landscape because we'll all be very old before that happens... All the track should be laid around the end of this year (hopefully).

• Well, Mike, you will have to spend less time drinking good German Beer and more time working on the layout, Hahahahah!!!

It took 2 days to lay out the Rosenheim station:

• I love the fact that you have 24 feet for the station, you can pull in just about any size passenger train. I posted the Rosenheim progress on our Facebook channel.