My small German layout

edited April 30 in Layout Showcase

I've been working on this since February of 2018 so it's been a little over a year. I've just started on the scenery and once finished I'll be installing non-working catenary. The upper level is an ÖBB branch line, with DB running on the two lower main lines.

Comments

• Are you not allowed to link photos here? I tried finding a rules page but didn't see anything.

• el Gato Gordoel Gato Gordo Colorado Spring

Hmmm. I don't know what the difficulty is. I had no trouble posting pics in my layout thread.

• RailwriterRailwriter Durham, NC

I think your problem is that you posted links to the page that the image was on, not directly to the image.
    We can view your images -- but we have to open each individual link, which leads us to the page on which the image is displayed.
    You should be able to find the image link by putting your cursor over the image. Hope that helps.

-- Ernest

• edited April 30

Web forum and BB links are already set up on Imgur. All you have to do is copy and paste the link as I have done.
    For whatever reason, the board software is not seeing these as a link to automatically display the link as an image.
    I have been using links from Imgur for years to display images from my photo library and I have never seen this before.
    I'm going to edit this again and see what happens

EDIT:
    This forum uses some sort of strange markup tags for posting images. After copying just the URL for the photos and deleting the image tags I pasted the URL into the drop down box on the header to insert an image. That seems to be working. Just a new way to post photos I guess.

• I forgot to include the original trackplan:

• BahnerBahner East Bay, CA

From my N and Z scale perspective, that's a good sized layout! I like the track plan and this'll look great once the scenery is completed.

• The only disadvantage is there is not much yard space and no where to put any in without encroaching on the area where the village sits. I was able to put in a station siding at Oberrittersgrün, and there is a small storage track on the north side, and another station siding on the lower level but that's all. Nowhere to store additional trains besides what I mentioned.

• I have a few updated photos of some scenery work I've been doing.
    I just bought a Br.151 that Rey had on consignment too. This will be a nice addition to the DB. I'll be getting a proper consist for it sometime shortly after the first of the year.

• BR42BR42 Auburn

Michael:

Great job and nice pictures.

Ulrich

• Nice job Michael, you have made a lot of progress
    Rey