Henley

2»

Comments

• edited September 2021

Railways of Britain: We're Getting There, Eventually.
    Trix and vintage Electrotren pieces melded into British OO. The wagon with the white sacks is described as a "fertilzer load," but at any distance they remind one of sacks of onions. The video was inspired by a truly brilliant British Rail advertisement of a similar name.

• Bamburgh Steam Days
    The Electrotren coaches blend in nicely. Of course, British carriages did not have air reservoirs upon the roof, but nobody over here knows that. These grand old pieces track like they are held to the rails by glue. A vintage Joeuf diesel makes its rounds, marketed under the "Playcraft" label. I really enjoy that old beast.

• New Developments in Nessie Watching
    Vintage tourist coach by Joeuf. J70 tram by Rapido.

• Nice videos, thanks for sharing. Love the car with the two floors.

Ulrich

• Isn't that cutie? I want to find another one or two. The prototype was used on some French island as a tourist coach.
    Moving Brits and Twigs

Loving that Electrotren bundle of sticks wagon. There is an embedded pun here, but best not discussed in a public forum. PM me if curious.

• After some internal debate, picked up this lovely NOS vintage Jouef commuter train set for a Franklin. Maiden voyage.

• Running some Continental locomotives at the head end. My American pals will never guess. Henley: modeling both model trains and 15th Century Britain in OO.

• Chops,
    Nice trains, an interesting perspective.

Ulrich

• My first love is British OO, but Continental pieces turn up, and I find them irresistible, particularly Electrotren. In North America, most people see buffers and think "European." As Britain is part of Europe, I gladly sneak in some Continental pieces as I know that the majority of modelers would not know the difference.
    I also have a peculiar penchant for photo bombs. The legendary Loch Ness Monster lends itself well to this amusement. Model Railroaders can be a very serious bunch, nothing wrong with that, but I cannot help poking fun at myself and the hobby, such as installing pineapples and a macaw in the last scene. I hope no one finds my humor overly annoying.