Roco 10775 instructions for Z21 programming

I have a roco Z21 system, the rocco 10775 stationary decoder for 8  magnetic operated devices and the Fleischmann 611 uncoupler ramps. I can find no documentation on how to program these decoders to operate the uncouplers with the Z21.I have 5 decoders each running 8 ramps I am using an android smart phone for the controller HELP!

Thanks, you can email me at Railroads2005@yahoo.com

Comments

• Hello:

The uncouplers are connected like switches, except that two uncouplers can be operated by one exit of the stationary decoder.  A solenoid switch machine has two electromagnets inside which are alternatingly activated, the uncoupler machine only one.  You thus connect one wire of each uncoupler to the center of the exit, the other two to the remaining exits.  Activating the switch address as "Thrown" operates one uncoupler, activating the same address as "closed" operates the other.  Thus you can operate 16 uncouplers on one decoder 10775.  I'll email you a 10775 manual.

Urich
  • Thanks for the info, and thank you for the manual, same manual I had though and it mentions NOTHING about connecting or PROGRAMMING these with the Z21. Specifically what I need to know is the step by step on what buttons to push in which order on the Z21 to SET the 10775 for the addresses. I.E. I have (5) 10775's want one 10775 to have addresses 1-8 the second one addresses 9-16 and the third one addresses 17-24 and so on.

I understand that I need to program the first bank of 4 addresses by setting the output #1 and the other 3 outputs will follow in sequence and then program outputs 5 through 8, but I can't find any documentation that says HOW to do this, what buttons to push and in what order.

The Z21 seems like a really nice system, but due to the terrible lack of documentation (and Roco's lack of tech support) you need an engineering degree to set it up it seems.

Any help is much appreciated, I really need to get this done ASAP. If anyone can walk me through this on the phone that would be magic....I am available at 731-337-2272 email is Railroads2005@yahoo.com

railroads20052015-02-21 14:02:36
  • Hello,

It is not the issue with the Z21, most stationary decoders got a programming button, yours too.
    It is very simple, press the program button on the decoder, a light should come on. Now go to the Z21 turnout switch page and switch the address you like the decoder to have. It remembers it and now the decoder "listens" to command on that address. Since you got an 8 turnout decoder, it will have 2 main addresses ( like 1 and 2 ). Each of that address got 4 sub-addresses, so 2x4=8. On the screen those would be the turnouts 1-8.

The next decoder the same way, it will have addresses 3 and 4, so on the screen it will be 9-16

Just continue until you run out of decoders ;)

Br

Leif
  • is there a step missing? After I enter the 1st address I push the button again and it flashes green and then I enter the 2nd address but it overwrites the 1st four. What am I doing wrong?
  • Hello,

the decoder can only be programmed on the first address, it automatically takes the second address. So one decoder programmed to address 5, will automatically also take address 6. You cannot split those addresses. I use Zimo MX820Y Decoders which got 3 addresses. When I program those to address 10, it automatically takes 11 and 12 as well.

Br

Leif
  • Hello:

My old Teamdigital SMD8s behave the same way.  One can assign addresses only in blocks of four.  The new Digitrax DS64 allows individual addressing, and the new SMD8s allow that too.  Have not bought any of the latter, I can only verify this for the Digitrax decoder.  However, I would prefer the SMD8 over the DS64 because of its internal routing ability.  I used one DS64 to fill holes on the numbering system for switches.

Ulrich

BR422015-02-24 06:04:47
  • I have previously used the DS64 with great success and I use Team Digitals SRC162's for my tortoise control boards and I absolutley love them; however, I am building this railroad for someone else and they insisted on using Roco 10775 because that is what Roco told him to buy. I find Roco's manuals to be hideous to say the least (don't know about the German ones as I don't read German) but the English versions either leave out whole sections on how to do things or they don't even tell you how to do anything. When I have called or emailed tech support they are very condescending and they don't have time to support their own products...thankfully there are great customers like you guys willing to do Roco's job for them.....I should have stuck to my guns and bought the Team Digital boards. Bill at Team Digital has pretty thorough info/manuals for all his boards on his website and his tech support is FANTASTIC.........live and learn 
  • Indeed, I agree with the assessment of Teamdigital products.  I have used six of the older SMD8s for my main station to control all turnouts, switches, and signals.  Another two control the stubend station.  I use addresses 0 - 70  for all these in such away that several switches and signals are operating dependent on one another.  The route feature makes this possible, e.g. whenever one of the main exit signals in the main station is thrown, both the corresponding switching signal as well as the distant signal set themselves accordingly.  After all this was done, there were five switches/signals/relays left which needed adresses 61, 69, 17, and 18 on the left half of the layout, and 70 on the right half.  I broke down and got a SD64 for 61, 69, 17 and 18 because 69 is also controlled through a reed-contact.  In the same way 70 is controlled through a reed contact which drives an NCE snap-it (added later since I needed one of the outputs of the DS64 for a signal).  I might have used another SMD8, but decided on the Digitrax/NCE combo to simpify wiring.

Another reason I like Teamdigital is Bill's honesty.  I had send him an email about using two SRC16s, two SIC24 and 3 BD8 detectors to set up a working signaling system (Cost about $450) together with my existing SMD8s and DS64, and mentioned that I might be able achieve the same using reed-contacts and magnets for about $25.  His response was:  Go with the cheaper solution, not the high tech one.  The only time I am not using Bill's products if I have a switch/signal in a remote location, and it would require too long wires to get to the nearest SMD8.  If he would still produce the two output SMD2, I would have used none of the Digitrax or NCE decoders.

Hint to Rey and Roman:  Get their products, please! When I retire in a few years, I need some SIC24 signal controllers and block detectors to add interlocking to my signalling system.

Ulrich

BR422015-02-24 21:59:03
  • Good morning - I need to reopen this discussion but using the Z21 10836 switch decoder. I understand the concept of operating two uncouplers per single connection that would otherwise operate one turnout, but as shown in attach photos, I am only getting the first uncoupler to operate regardless of connection and which button I push. I have wired common black wire to middle pole, and the two different brown wires to A and B. What please am I doing wrong?

• BR42BR42 Auburn
    edited May 2021

Are you sure that the wires are inserted deep enough, and that the insulation is removed far enough? Sounds obvious, but I had those problems with a couple of Teamdigital decoders. Also form your picture it is not very clear which outputs are for the decouplers.

Ulrich

• Ulrich. Thanks. Before I saw your response I rewired and separated on the control panel the uncoupler symbols better. It works now. I appreciate always your answers.

• BR42BR42 Auburn

Glad to help.

Ulrich