How to Build, Paint & Weather A Laser Structure

MBZ Structures are simply incredible

Comments

• michaelrose55michaelrose55 Orange City, FL

Rey,
    You really should publish a detailed tutorial about these kits. Explain what to use as a sealer, what kind of paints, how to apply them, and so on. It's all good and nice to watch that video but for example, what glue can be used in the US where you can't get UHU hart? So many questions... :)

• RailwriterRailwriter Durham, NC

While I have not used it myself, I do know that Faller offers a glue "Expert Laser" -- Faller 170494 -- that Rey carries.

Alas, producing good technical documentation for anything takes a lot of time and effort -- this from someone who worked as a technical writer and supervisor (editor) of other technical writers for a number of years.

-- Ernest

• michaelrose55michaelrose55 Orange City, FL

@Railwriter said:
    While I have not used it myself, I do know that Faller offers a glue "Expert Laser" -- Faller 170494 -- that Rey carries.

Alas, producing good technical documentation for anything takes a lot of time and effort -- this from someone who worked as a technical writer and supervisor (editor) of other technical writers for a number of years.

-- Ernest

Ernest,
    I agree, it takes time and effort but if Rey wants to sell these kits he has to support the product in a meaningful way.

• Yes, I agree, will be working on this. I actually hired my daughter Brittany and she will help out in marketing. So here in Illinois, we can actually buy UHU hart, it is the ultimate glue for laser structures and Reynaulds sells it. As far as paints, primers, and sealers MBZ sells it and we stock it. Here is another video explaining in English how to use the paints, sealers, and glue

• pkherapkhera Juneau, AK

What type of paint is best for painting the interior of train cars? What are the best colors for the floors, walls, and seats? Are there paints that could damage the plastic?

• I would say the colors used to paint ship, airplane and tank models would be fine. Just let the painted interior dry well before putting things back together. If in doubt, try the paint at an invisible spot.

Ulrich

• i thought tamiya was good , being a acrylic paint ? it is so nice to wash brushes out with water. and would it not work to weather ?
    unsure never weathered anything before. (i dont own a air brush)

• BR42BR42 Auburn

Dear Nottomas:

I am not a great fan of weathering. This said, someone commented a year ago on the great weathering of the houses on my layout. They are naturally weathered.

Ulrich

• @BR42 said:
    Dear Nottomas:

I am not a great fan of weathering. This said, someone commented a year ago on the great weathering of the houses on my layout. They are naturally weathered.

Ulrich

yes i know the feeling , i get weathered too , and yes i am weathered naturally . :#